Utah indoor ramp/foam pit open in Sandy!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Utah indoor ramp/foam pit open in Sandy!

Kevin Brower is an amazing athlete. At least a dozen images of his skiing antics have been published over the past 4 or 5 months including a running add for Mammut, a double page spread in Powder's photo annual, and two shots in Red Bull Illume. Photog credits go to Steve Lloyd.
    [Tangent] check out both Steve and Kevin's work at www.stevelloydphoto.com [end/Tangent]

While he may be at his highest level of skiing so far in his career as an athlete, he has basically left snow alone most of this season to get an awesome project off the ground. The project is Snogression. Snogression is an indoor bike/ski/board training facility. There are really only a handfull of legitimate facilities like this in the nation.

Inside, you will find a ramp/foam pit with a new fully automatic propulsion system called Hyperdrive for skiing/boarding. Ramp surface gets changed for bikes. You will also find Olympic fly bed trampolines, two of which are placed up against the foam pits. With good demand, the facility has additional space for expansion and new features.

During a bike session last night, friend and photographer Steve Lloyd threw down his first 360 ever. I can't wait to see him take that trick to the dirt this summer.

I can spin and flip on skis; but, I've never had the nerve to push my biking in that direction due to the consequences of crashing while learning. Seeing as I'm over 30 with a wife, kid and job, I have to consider the risks while progressing. Now there is a facility where we can push ourselves, learning new tricks and getting a feel before taking moves to the dirt.

Check out the schedules online. If you want more bike sessions, let Kevin know and he'll schedule more bike sessions.

Snogression site:
    https://www.snogression.com/index.php/home.html

ESPN article on Snogression:
    https://espn.go.com/action/freeskiin...r-facility-slc

Steve Lloyd on the wrong side of the lense throwing his first 360:

Someone named Brad who is obviously better than me on a bike:

Kevin Brower = Skier/Biker/Owner/Good Guy:

mtbr member
    looks epic. gonna make the commute from denver for sure! Any info on the "hyperdrive??"

Are you guys using snowflex like copper?
    -=-=Quiver=-=-=-
    2011 Demo 8.II Highlighter Yellow
    2011 SX 4x
    2010 Enduro Pro Carbon
    2012 Hardrock 29er

mtbr member
    You guys doesn't include me. Snogression is Kevin's baby all the way. He's just a friend and a good guy. I've been in to check it out and the facility is sick.

The ESPN article has a little explanation about Hyperdrive. I saw it in action; but, I don't know the in and outs. It it computerized in some way and the speed is programable etc. Maybe Kevin can chime in to explain more.

Members who have read this thread: 0