Utah county riding- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Utah county riding

Hello all,

I'm planning on being in Utah county (Pleasant Grove/American Fork) for a couple weekends in August and I'm wondering if I should bring the bike.

Would love to hit some alpine singletrack as I'm kind of getting burnt out on 100 degree st george red rock rides. Any good trails near Pleasant Grove? I have a giant trance x2 and I'm looking for some intermediate aerobic and intermediate skill level trails. Will probably not have access to an extra vehicle so would like to avoid having to shuttle.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

SP Singletrack rocks
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by helibird
    Hello all,

I'm planning on being in Utah county (Pleasant Grove/American Fork) for a couple weekends in August and I'm wondering if I should bring the bike.

Would love to hit some alpine singletrack as I'm kind of getting burnt out on 100 degree st george red rock rides. Any good trails near Pleasant Grove? I have a giant trance x2 and I'm looking for some intermediate aerobic and intermediate skill level trails. Will probably not have access to an extra vehicle so would like to avoid having to shuttle.

Any suggestions would be great!!

Thanks

Tons some of the best riding in the Northern Utah. Great view twisting single track and killer decents. Nothing to hard. Best of all cool temps as well high are normally in the low 80s if not less.

a great 8 mile ride easier american fork ride is start at the cascade springs campground and climb up to the summit trail head on South Fork, then get on the ridge trail ride that allways to the South fork Little Deer Creek Trail and enjoy one of the most fun downhills anywhere.

There are options for alot longer rides down that but thats a great starting loop for a inter rider.

some pictures from american fork

https://forums.epicski.com/showthrea...ight=utah+moab

https://www.utahmountainbiking.com/U...?p=27897#27897

mtbr member
    If you're going to have any free time at all, definately bring the bike. There is a huge amount of terrain within a 45 min drive from town. Post up when you're in town, and I'll head out with ya.

mtbr member
    Ill second that..Im lookin to do some explorin around here too...new to the area

Members who have read this thread: 0