Upper beginner to mid trails in Davis & Weber- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Upper beginner to mid trails in Davis & Weber

Hi:

Somewhat new to Mt. biking and need to find some good trails. I tried the fernwood that connects to the shorline, but it seems too steep for me.

I have also tried the Green Pond and Last Chance trails at Snowbasin and they are fabulous. So, does anyone know of any other trails closer to davis Co, or some of the good ones in Weber Co that are good for a beninner. to intermediate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Mueller Park above Bountiful. The first mile is full of dog **** and slow hikers but after that it's really nice.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I'll be riding North Canyon to Mueller tomorrow @ about 7:00 if you want to tag along (about 2000 feet of climbing).

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Won't be able to. I did and endo at Snowbasin, caught a long on the left and the front wheel turned and the outside of my right leg tagged the handlebar hard. It made it hard to petal back to the car. But I think i would be good to try Mueller Park.

Do you normally go mornings or evenings?

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    I ride whenever I can squeeze in some time. Check out the Ogden BST; it's a nice trail (can be crowded). Mueller was perfect this morning-even saw two moose by Rudy Flats.

less clever than you
    May 2010
    I'd suggest Wheeler Creek and/or the BST above the Layton/Kaysville. The BST is not too busy on Sunday mornings, if you don't already have other commitments...

Utah
    Jul 2009
    Today was the first day I have every been on the dirt. We started at Fernwood park and headed south to the WSA then came back. I had to walk a couple spots but it wasn't bad. I would try it again if I was you. I thought it was a hair out of my league but I had a great time.

-Destin

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg
    Mueller Park above Bountiful. The first mile is full of dog **** and slow hikers but after that it's really nice.
    I can't agree more with that dog crap comment.

Ben-Jammin
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie
    Check out the Ogden BST; it's a nice trail (can be crowded)..
    CAN be crowded?

You mean WILL be crouded.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Yea, the Ogden BST is always crowded. May not be in the middle of the day, but too hot then.

MTBR member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gingus
    Yea, the Ogden BST is always crowded. May not be in the middle of the day, but too hot then.
    Actually, I rode it last night at about 7:00 and I saw one bike and one hiker. Everywhere I have ridden lately has been packed. Mueller is worse than the Ogden BST, and wheeler/Snowbasin was packed over the weekend with bikes, horses, & horsesh!t.( IMO, the Layton BST is week.)

Members who have read this thread: 0