Unknown Trail Name in Logan- Mtbr.com

Aug 2007

Unknown Trail Name in Logan

I've only been living in Logan for a year and so pardon me if I don't know the name of all the trails yet. There's trail that heads north from the mouth of Green Canyon. It almost looks like it should be an extension of the Bonneville Shoreline Trail, but there's no sign marking it and I think the land might be private.

Since I'm still working on that website to put trails online I'd like to know the name of the thing so I can add it to the database.

Below is a URL to the google maps location of the trail head. Any help would be great!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=41.767...&iwloc=A&hl=en

-Jacob Roecker
    www.trailbrain.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I've only heard it referred to as the deer fence trail. I'm not sure if it has an official name. I crashed on that trail last month and almost rolled of the side of the hill

Aug 2007
    Yoda2: Are you talking about the one that goes up the ridgeline to the crest of the mountain or the one going north along the valley line?

Some other folks I've asked have been confused and there's two trails that share the same trailhead.

mtbr member
    I thought Deer Fence was the trail that looks like an extension of Bonneville to the South of Logan Canyon?

I didn't think the trail that runs north from the mouth of Green Canyon was rideable. I haven't been on it but have heard it is VERY steep.

Aug 2007
    I didn't know there was a trail down that way! If there is a "southern" version of the BST on that side of the mountain I'd love to ride it.

I'm going to create a google earth file so we can figure out what each one of us is talking about. We've got to get this stuff right and the guidebooks normally only cover the larger 'in canyon' trails.

The file's located here: http://www.trailbrain.com/wiki/image...s_in_Logan.kml

Help me fill in the blanks! Please!

-Jacob Roecker

! = Signs of desperation--not an order.
    Last edited by jacobroecker; 09-27-2007 at 07:03 PM.

mtbr member
    You're link came up as code.

If you head into Logan Canyon there is the river, with a small park (v-ball court etc... this may be considered the first dam by some) on the right just before the bridge. If you look to the south shore of the river, there is a trail that runs south, that is the trail I'm referring to. A friend said it's sketchy in parts so I don't know how rideable it is. I think you would access it via the dirt road to the right after the river... so it's below the area that burned at the point of the mountain to the south of Logan Canyon. Confused?

over researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeefer
    You're link came up as code.
    You have to right click on the link and save the file to your computer.

mtbr member
    Still no go.

In the "Mountain Bikin Cache Trails" book I borrowed from a co-worker, they list the Bonneville Trail as Deer Fence North and they have Deer Fence South which goes south from Dry Canyon but I believe it goes thru to the bridge at the entrance of Logan Canyon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Yes you can ride that trail. It just takes you about mile or two up the canyon and then dumps you out on the dirt road. It's really flat. Fun ride to practice no-braking the corners comming down.

Members who have read this thread: 0