Uintas Trails- Mtbr.com

Thread: Uintas Trails

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Uintas Trails

My wife and I are planning a trip to Park City in July. We'll be pulling a trailer and would like some advice on camping in the area. We would like to ride as much singletrack as possible. Which campground should we use as a base camp? Any dry camping available?

Thanks for the help

mtbr member
    Are you planning on camping in Park City or up in the Uintas? I don't know of any camping in town, but there is plenty in the Uintas. I usually just go primitive, there are tons of spots along the forest service roads up there, off of the Mirror Lake Hwy. There are also quite a few pay campgrounds there, I'm not familiar with those though. Not sure how familiar you are with the area, but the Uintas are about 30-45 minutes from Park City, and there are only a few biking trails up there (but they are good if you can find them). Park City obviously has lots of good biking trails. If you want to camp closer to riding, another option is in the American Fork area, that's about 45 minutes from Park City also, but there are tons of bike trails around there and good camping (primitive and pay). Let me know if you need more info...

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    This will be our first time in the area. I would rather camp primitive, but since we're unfamiliar with the area we decided to make camping reservations in Heber City and scout the area for future primitive spots.

Thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

The cloest camping to park city

is at jordanelle resevoir. There is a pretty nice campground at the marina. i can't remember the name of it, Its within 5-10 minute drive of Park city mountain resort and Deer valley where are the sweet 1 track is. Good Luck
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    If you can get out of them. Heber is cool, and there is excellent riding in Midway. But the actual Uintas are only 5 minutes farther, there are gobs of campsites and about 25 minutes to PC instead of the 20 from Heber, and good local trails there (here) as well. I live in Park City, the shop is in Kamas... We can turn you on to some good trails, we keep complementary maps in stock. Lots of rivers/woods/etc. If you have a few days I would hit up all of it The PC trails are awesome (I am on them near daily) but they are mostly pretty smooth, if you are looking for more technical come on out Cheers, Andre

Members who have read this thread: 0