Trash Can at I Street?- Mtbr.com
    JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Trash Can at I Street?

If I bought a trashcan and a bunch of bags for the platform at I Street, would anyone else out there occasionally carry a full bag over to the parking lot cans? Not looking for any single person to volunteer, but if it just happened once in a while and we all kept an eye on it, it would be a lot nicer up there.

I am thinking (maybe foolishly) that if there were a can, people would use it.

Thoughts?

JMH

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Fantastic idea. We had also tried to get a water bottle collection going on the platform to make wetting down the lips a little easier. Thanks JMH.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by P-townDave
    Fantastic idea. We had also tried to get a water bottle collection going on the platform to make wetting down the lips a little easier. Thanks JMH.
    I will pick up some buckets, too. They will crack if left out in the sun, but with a little care they should last.

I am thinking of a cleanup day if anybody wants to haul wood out of there. I will provide beer for anyone that shows up. Except for tiny children, they have to bring their own beer.

JMH

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I will pick up some buckets, too. They will crack if left out in the sun, but with a little care they should last.

I am thinking of a cleanup day if anybody wants to haul wood out of there. I will provide beer for anyone that shows up. Except for tiny children, they have to bring their own beer.

JMH
    Nice call on the clean up day. I was up there on Tuesday, it is looking kind of trashy. I would be down for a clean up day, and carrying the occasional full bag of garbage down.

mtbr member
    I'm in favor of a trashcan, maybe include some instructions on the side to explain how it works for the idiots that throw trash everywhere. I'm not sure bags are a good idea with the wind. I don't mind hauling a can out and back.

It may be time for us older folk to try to explain that we're more likely to be able to continue riding there if we take better care of the area, I think a can with an explanation would be a good start.

Takin'er easy
    In a survival manual for castaways on lifeboats is contained information about not pissing yourself. The relief from the cold is not worth the lasting rash, it will say. Perhaps we need instructions on garbage cans as well.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm in. Would be a shame to lose I-street.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeyer
    I'm in. Would be a shame to lose I-street.
    I don't think that is much of a threat currently, but I sure get tired of looking at garbage.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Okay! Can in place. Three new buckets by the water hole.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    Okay! Can in place. Three new buckets by the water hole.
    Nice work. I am going to be up there tomorrow afternoon and will do a little clean up and use the can. Still disagree with you on Bobsled, but appreciate this.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Quote Originally Posted by CeeJay
    Nice work. I am going to be up there tomorrow afternoon and will do a little clean up and use the can. Still disagree with you on Bobsled, but appreciate this.
    Oh, I am not anti-boblsed-radness, I just have to point out that that's how it goes.

mtbr member

watering hole

That trashcan needs an Oscar the Grouch painted on it, thanks J.
    Anyone have a good source for plastic pond liner or something similar to line the water basin? The shower curtains just don't last. I'm also working on making it wider to hold more water if anyone is interested in digging through rocks.

Members who have read this thread: 0