Trail in the Works. . . Close to Park City- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trail in the Works. . . Close to Park City

started working on a trail...
    i'll keep you guys posted as stunts start getting installed and we start building some flow into'er.

here are some pictures of a ladder drop that will be installed on the trail, (still have to build the run in ramp) not bad for 10 bucks total in wood so far.

here is a picture of the trail, after the snow just melted last year

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Sounds sweet, keep us posted.

biking is fun
    looks fun,
    is it a legal trail?

mtbr member
    Legal? Yes and No.. the trail was built legally, the stunts aren't officially approved of, but we're the only ones that ride the trail anymore.. i'll ride it one month and then go back the next month and i'll still be able to see my footprints and tire tracks.. I think manly b/c of the mass amounts of deadfall that we have yet to clean up. I'll get some trail work pictures up tomorrow,

this morning i spent most of the day in the garage finishing up some wood work.. and getting it ready to transport on up the trail..

Tomorrow morning things are going to be brought up and we're going to be getting the deadfall down + soil work for the rest of the day.

May 2007
    Niiiiice!! We need more people like you around these parts. Keep up the good work!!

mtbr member
    I love when people are ambitious enough to build stuff - mostly because I love riding stuff that's got fun stunts on it. My recommendation though is that you build it where it'll stick around. If it's a forest service trail . .. . they'll tear it down. Trust me - I've had stuff torn out. I have friends who've had stuff torn out. I'm thinking I'll focus my efforts where it's condoned and it'll stick around long enough that once it gets ridden by more than 3 or 4 people . . it won't be discovered and torn right out. I like what WAFTA is doing. I have a teeter stunt at my house waiting to be taken somewhere but I want to make sure it'll not have been a waste. I'd consider Wolf mountain . . or maybe Bountiful. Stuff seems to stay there. I like having stuff at I street as well but for some reason ladder stunts only last about a season or two even there. Not sure if it's just anal people that don't like unnatural looking stunts or if there's actually a land-owner involved in that but I'd guess the former. Another reason I'd like to see resorts jump on the freeride revolution and want to support the ones who do!! Maintained stunts that you can count on to be around one year to the next.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedaveshome
    I love when people are ambitious enough to build stuff - mostly because I love riding stuff that's got fun stunts on it. My recommendation though is that you build it where it'll stick around. If it's a forest service trail . .. . they'll tear it down. Trust me - I've had stuff torn out. I have friends who've had stuff torn out. I'm thinking I'll focus my efforts where it's condoned and it'll stick around long enough that once it gets ridden by more than 3 or 4 people . . it won't be discovered and torn right out. I like what WAFTA is doing. I have a teeter stunt at my house waiting to be taken somewhere but I want to make sure it'll not have been a waste. I'd consider Wolf mountain . . or maybe Bountiful. Stuff seems to stay there. I like having stuff at I street as well but for some reason ladder stunts only last about a season or two even there. Not sure if it's just anal people that don't like unnatural looking stunts or if there's actually a land-owner involved in that but I'd guess the former. Another reason I'd like to see resorts jump on the freeride revolution and want to support the ones who do!! Maintained stunts that you can count on to be around one year to the next.
    I agree, so yesterday we went up there looking for a place to put the stunts that won't be noticed by trail users.. we went into this ravine we knew was there and ended up creating a few different lines.. it was definitely a ton of weed eating but it cuts from the upper trail, to the lower trail perfectly. it is so incredibly hard to spot that if you don't know its there... then you aren't going to see it. The ravine has provided us with more natural terrain than the trail could give us alone.. there is an elevated log skinny we'll be working on that is very tech .. but looks great for people who are ambitious enough to try. There will be a few drop lines as well .... a few other skinnies and other junk.. There is a lot of room for expansion, no doubt about that.. we really just need the man power up there to help.. there is only two of us building and in this heat.. it takes a long time to progress. we also want to work on getting the main trail in better condition. I rode it yesterday and it definitely needs some work.

I was talking to a local shop owner about the trail yesterday and he said he'd like to lobby to make it an official downhill freeride trail... he is in solid w/ the forrest service/state park.. so there is a good chance he can get it done for us.

i'll get more pictures of building progress etc etc.. when i get back from the Pac NW.. its going to be a good fast trail.. w/ some cool stunts... i think most of you guys will like it a ton.

mtbr member
    That would be sweet if it were sanctioned! Even if not I'd love to check it out but if it's forest service land it's probably just a question of time. If it's BLM it might stick. But even if someone lobbys with the Forest service it seems like they have to do a couple years of environmental studies and crap like that. I think Empire lasted a while because it was private property (the resort) and simply fell apart because it wasn't maintained. I still haven't heard if anyone's ridden it this year and what it's like.

Members who have read this thread: 0