trail suggestions- Mtbr.com
    New addict
    Jun 2016

trail suggestions

I have done a little bit (about once a week) of Utah mountain biking recently and would like suggestions on new trails to try. Here is what I have done so far.

Bonniville Shoreline trail twice - The first time I started at the Beus Canyon trail head and headed north about 2 miles before a bike broke and we limped back. The trail from their was rocky/rooty and technical but not above our mediocre skill levels as the rough sections were either flat or downhill.

The Second time we started at Ogden Nature Center trailhead and finished at Beus Canyon Trailhead. It was rough this time. There was lots and lots of tough climbing. Perhaps when I get stronger and in better shape this will not be a problem but It was a constant up and down until we got to a few miles from finish. Lots of rocky/rooty uphills that were impossible for my skill level and the ride took us 4 hours because we spent so much time pushing our bikes. It was fun, but really tough. The hills might not have been as tough if they were relatively smooth.

Ogden Bike Park - This is fun. The fast berms and low consequence jumps are a blast. I got to the point where I was clearing the 6ft table tops. And the best part, The climb back to the top was a piece of cake. It was a smooth(wish) dirt road.

So trails that don't have long technical climbs and can be ridden in a day are game. I'm at Hill AFB so closer to there, the better. Trails we can ride to is best.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    browse the trails and start ticking them off. should keep you busy for the next 10 years.

UtahMountainBiking Home Index

mtbr member
    Pick up a Weber pathways map at probably any local bike shop. There are hundreds of miles of trails in Weber county (but some are better than others). Meanwhile, try some trails at Snowbasin, or there are some flat fun trails close to you in Riverdale at the end of 4600 S (Google maps 41.176106, -111.993438)

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    You are pretty limited in what is up here if you are riding to the trails, mostly just BST. You really need to be able to drive from Hill to get some variety.

Trailforks is your friend.

29ger gave solid advice, when I only have an hour to ride I start at the Parker Dr. trail head hit the single track next to the interstate for a loop then head to the trail head at 4600 S and ride a loop there. This gives me a little over 10 miles of riding on some pretty fun and easy trails with minimal pavement riding.

If I am staying local I head up Ogden canyon to the Wheeler canyon trail head and take any one of several trails up there just north of Snowbasin.