trail TO Grafton Mesa downhill- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

trail TO Grafton Mesa downhill

Hear there's a singletrack route. Is it off Windmill at Gooseberry?
    Also how do you follow Hidden Trail? Didn't have much luck the first time.
    Plan on arriving 5/20 pm.
    agmtb

I'd rather be biking...
    PM sent

mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Grafton question

I've never done it. Is it just a downhill or is this new single track your talking about make it a complete loop?
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

NOT Team Sanchez
    It goes TO Grafton..........not a loop. Grafton's not for 95% of the Goose crowd, so I think there may be some people ending up at Grafton thinking the connector trail ends at THIS!!!???
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    It goes TO Grafton..........not a loop. Grafton's not for 95% of the Goose crowd, so I think there may be some people ending up at Grafton thinking the connector trail ends at THIS!!!???
    Yeah, you're right. I think we might need to dispel any misconceptions. The new trail that goes along the north rim from the Windmill to the top of Grafton Mesa trail is decidedly XC .... Grafton Mesa is decidedly FR/DH.

So, yes, in answer to ilovemtnbiking's question you can do Grafton as a loop starting at the Cemetery in Grafton... riding up the road toward Gooseberry then pass the restrooms and turn on to the new trail just before you get to the rim overlook past the Windmill. From the end of the new trail you're right at the top of Grafton. But , like I said, they are two very different trails.

Talentless Hack
    So where does this dump you out at, the start of the DH above Grafton Cemetary or further up the road/trail?
    Sierra Club Sucks

Members who have read this thread: 0