mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Torrey and Boulder Utah.

Back around 1989 we hired a shuttle that dropped us off on Highway 12 between Torrey and Boulder Utah. The shuttle ride took us mostly downhill into Capital Reef park where we were picked up.

Does anyone know the guy who did this back then?? He was featured in some mountain bike magazine and that is where we contacted him from.

Anyways we were just back in the area for some car camping and hiking. I finally used google earth to figure out the route we took along Oak Creek and even drew a loop of it on ridewith gps. Here is the link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/21152759
    My brain went from "you probably shouldn't say that" to WTF!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I'm headed down to Boulder on Memorial Day. I'm mostly looking at riding some forest service roads all throughout the area, but for future reference, I would like to know how the singletrack trails are down that way. It's a beautiful area. I may do a road ride over Hwy 12 to Calf Creek as well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 2:01 View Post
    I'm headed down to Boulder on Memorial Day. I'm mostly looking at riding some forest service roads all throughout the area, but for future reference, I would like to know how the singletrack trails are down that way. It's a beautiful area. I may do a road ride over Hwy 12 to Calf Creek as well.
    It's a fantastic area for riding forest service roads, but there really isn't much single track. What trails there are have not been designed for bikes. Not much bike traffic, but we go down about once a year since it isn't crowded and it's a great getaway.

A road ride on highway 12 is one of the most scenic road rides on the planet. Make sure you have a bright rear flashing light as the road is narrow and there are tourists staring at the scenery as they are driving.

mtbr member
    Oh yah...... to highway 12 and 24. Absolutely amazing.