Top Secret Go-Ride snow bike in the werks?- Mtbr.com
    Fragglepuss The Chaste

Top Secret Go-Ride snow bike in the werks?

Apparently my security clearance at the Top Secret Go-Ride R&D Headquarters has been jeopardized by a Wikileak's whistleblower after some personal emails that were sent between myself and Chumley's mom which called into question Scott @Go-Ride.com's actual height and hair color (I think he dyes the gray ones) were made public in a 5th page editorial on KSL's website over the Holiday weekend.

Anyway, in secret I sprinkled some pixie dust on the Ginger Balls that runs the place and got him to open up a bit about their latest test project. But was subsequently banned from entering the sweatshop in the back where all the child labor slaves away to make our lives easier.

What I do know is that it is a snow bike the likes of which could rival the performance of any snowsled buried neck deep by Bubba high marking the Tanner Flats Slide Area while firing his daddy's Colt .45 in excitement.

After Googleing snow bike, Go-Ride, Top Secret, Krispy's Ginger Balls and watching a video of Iron Maiden's Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner on YouTube (just for fun) I found what may be the components of said bike.

Here's a young Scott @Go-Ride.com well before having to succumb to a full bottle of Just For Men each month with an early prototype, ironically called 'Black Bike' which was then sold to Chim Wibbley at SRAM for a box of old Mad Magazines and later became the basis for their Black Box program (you'll notice an uncanny resemblance to Chumley in the cheekbone and amount of duct tape used on the bike) photo is circa 1998:

Here's a more recent shot of Scott @Go-Ride.com (most likely before a healthy application of 'Saddle Brown' highlights) with what I'm guessing is a rough version of the bike in question and the 'poking stick' he's often seen with:

Here's a prototype from a couple of years back when they were working closely with Kona. Although this version had the best performance out of every prototype, the two stopped working with each other after the principle designer at Kona, Dagfang Mulebright (pictured), insisted on naming the production bike the Stinky Finger and Stinky Finger Deluxe:

If anyone knows any more about this secretive bike, please help me out. Mods, could we get this cross posted in the All Mountain forum? Thanks in advance.

FWIW, Here's a shot of my brand new snow bike if anyone wants to hit the Bobsled later:

Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 11-30-2010 at 11:21 AM.

I'd rather be biking...
    Wow that super cool how'd you make a snow bike completely out of snow? The spokes must of been pain!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    Wow that super cool how'd you make a snow bike completely out of snow? The spokes must of been pain!
    The technique is called 'ice lattice', you can take courses at the Community College.

1/4 semi-pro
    scoott is fast on a snow bike. i ran behind him and puled his sled with his kid an his dog in it behind him up dry creek last week for 5% off some returned grips. he can pedle fast!
    not anti-bobsled

mtbr member
    slcrockymountainrotorooter, I don't think All Mountain forum will help you much. It seems the gnarcore scene that is All Mountain does not seem to include snow. But then again I have not All Mountained in several months and the All Mountaineers are very dynamic.

The snow bike from go-ride is another one of our Utah treasures. It goes back to the 60's and involves Utah's first family. It's not a story you'll find in your 4th grade history book. It all began with the youngest and most infamous Osmond, Lee Harvey. While the crowds were clamoring over the sweet crooning of Donny and Marie, Lee Harvey was forced to work in the Osmond family sweatshop making Donny and Marie action figures. The heat was nigh unbearable, and for relief, he would sneak out at night and ride Donny's bike through the cool night air.

Since Lee Harvey rode during the winter, he realized a need for a snowbike as well. In December of 1962, he built his first prototype.

It was a noble attempt which had promise, but in 1963 he was died of overdose after a concert in which he played with [email protected]'s childhood hero, Jack Ruby.

It seems Jack laced Lee Harvey's corndog with Meth-amphetamine. Jack felt bad and tried to carry on Lee Harvey's dream of creating the snow bike. This was foiled by Jack's incarceration for the murder of a Texas policeman and subsequent death due to lung cancer. Ever since then (then being 1967) [email protected] has been trying to create the snow bike as a memorial to Lee Harvey Osmond. His efforts are what you see in slcrockymountainrhinocerous's post.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Well that's great and I appreciate you providing the back story to my back story.
    But any info on the new one?
    Any hang-ups on its release ala the new Turner RFX?

I mean anyone can hear all the children toiling away in back, crying, the yelling from the whipmaster and all that, but I take it they have just been spending their time putting together all those 29'ers that popped up on the Go-Ride dance floor as of late.

Krispy also mentioned that their Skunk Werks Division was working on a new breed of 29'ers catered specifically for him which involved the use of two 26" mountain bike wheels. I don't know, but it sounds More Mountain than all the crap going on in the All Mountain Thread.
    Needless to say, I've been hitting the bouncy tramp (no, I don't mean Chumley's mom or his sister or any of his aunts) in preperation for next season.

(Safety first kids! And always have a spotter!)

mtbr member
    Here's a proto we had to scrap. Scott insisted on super steep angles for consistant handleing at 3mph, but there wasn't enough heel clearance for Sorels.

I had it setup with a 29 x 2.5 front tire and 24 x 3.0 rear, In order to handle more better at more manly speeds, like 10mph, but those wheels have been removed for a new project. It is pictured here with stupid ass 26" wheels

Santa Cruz Bronson 2 27.5/Rockshox Pike/Sram XX1
    Salsa Mukluk/Rockshox Bluto/Sram X1

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I love the irony of the flame job paint scheme.

I hope you 'silenced' the child who came up with that idea so that he/she wouldn't eventually rise up and take over the factory.

mtbr member
    Hey SLC, you don't have any Noleen and/ or Rockshox Coupe Deluxe shock parts do you? I've discovered the shox's need more dampening at the higher speeds i ride/race at.

mtbr member
    We've been having to carry a lot of spares on our outback test sessions.

When we're out testing Duct Tape is an absolute must!

When your CG is this high up on your body special frame mods are required (see below)

Scott is really pushing for the low CG, when he falls the elbow pads don't get ripped up as badly.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    Hey SLC, you don't have any Noleen and/ or Rockshox Coupe Deluxe shock parts do you? I've discovered the shox's need more dampening at the higher speeds i ride/race at.
    If I do they will be sold at a premium. I'll drop Crate #4 off to the factory docks later so you can have some of your factory workers rummage through it and look for any parts you may need. I'd do it, but don't want to get my $300 vintage Doc Martens dusty.

I have plans on putting a K2 'Animal' pivot bolt up on Ebay with a starting bid of $79.00 and a reserve of $140 so you'll obviously want to jump on that.

I saw you put in a couple of bids for that pair of 'blue' Quadra elastomers. Auction ends tomorrow and ionlyridethebobsled has the winning bid so far.

You'll be stoked to hear that around New Years I have plans on releasing a classic 130mm KORE stem in black, with a single pinch bolt face plate (so you won't be able to use your 3" Azonic riser bars with it) along with a set of Mavic 517's Slyfox Moonwillow raced and couriered on back in 1998/99. They're the ultra rare oval shape that came out during the second to the last biopace frenzy. If you want the matching chainrings you'll have to haggle with the owner of Wild Rose for one of the ones they have hanging above the pegboard in their shop.

Good luck and happy bidding!

Members who have read this thread: 0