Tire Rec for Park City SLC Area...- Mtbr.com
    Birthday Collector

Tire Rec for Park City SLC Area...

Hi all - msrutzie will be heading out to Park City for the IMBA summit, and will be attending the Dirt Series before the summit. She has a Santa Cruz SL and it needs a bit more rubber on it before she goes... Her tires are getting a bit tired and thinking that for more DH-oriented riding clinics it would be nice to have better rubber. Currently riding 2.1 Nevegal on front and a Spec Fastrack 2.0 on back. I have a pair of 2.35 Nevegal DTC I can put on, as well as a 2.5" WTB Weirwolf, or 2.5" IRC Trailbear that could go on front. Also have a 2.25" set of Trailbears that could be installed... Any input?

Just want to get something on there to give her the best balance of traction and performance for the conditions. She's a good rider and will be pushing her limits everywhere she can, so I am looking for recommendations from any locals, guys or gals, on what you like there the best. The tires I have handy would be best, but if they are going to be bad choices, then what else do you recommend? Don't want her to either get injured or just not enjoy the rides because of traction issues! Thanks!
    R.I.P. Corky 10/97-4/09
    Disclaimer: I sell and repair bikes for a living

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    The terrain is fairly stable dirt, mostly, and some rock & light loose rock, truthfully not a lot to be concerned about. I ride similar tires but in higher volume personally, Kenda Nevegal, Rampage, WTB Moto Raptors, and Bontrager Jones I am beyond happy with all of them as far as traction, cornering etc, and even the Jones with supposedly weak sidewalls have help up fine. I have ridden smaller lugged tires and had traction issues when climbing on loose dirt so a decent lugged tire versus a slick or small lugged tire does help. I ride higher volume about 2.2-2.4 usually but it is preference and not necessary at all. Most of the trails are fairly tame... Hope it helps...

Members who have read this thread: 0