Thursday 4/27 Shoreline ride?- Mtbr.com
    Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004

Thursday 4/27 Shoreline ride?

A buddy and I are headed through Salt Lake next Thursday on the way to the FFTF from Boise. We're thinking that Salt Lake, as the approximate halfway point, would be a good place to stop for a short ride. I've been to SLC many times (almost moved there 2 years ago), but have never ridden there. The BST trail system looks fairly close to I-15 and looks like a place for a nice hour to hour and a half ride. We'd probably be coming through town around 1 PM or so - any takers to show a couple of Idaho yokels some SLC riding?

Apr 2006
    What kind of bikes are you going to have? I'd be happy to show you the shoreline trail but i'm riding a pretty heavy bighit. and i'm pretty out of shape. but definitely happy to show you around if you're okay with a slow poke. we could do a section in an hour and a half easily. the bobsled portion should be good to go.
    I work at the university of utah on the east side which is basically on the shoreline trail.

Back of the pack fat guy
    Jan 2004
    Ventana X-5 (me) and a Jamis Dakar XLT (cinnoman monkey). Not "long" travel, but these ain't no XC bikes. Fitness/aerobic level for both of us is probably abnormally high, and we're both comfy with either fast and smooth or rocky and technical downhills. Bring 'em on.

That said, what trailhead is the best to start from on the BST if we want to finish on Bobsled? I found this website (http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/) that lists several trailheads. What's the best BST route? Also, can someone give me driving directions to the preferred TH from I-15? Thanks!!!!!
    Last edited by Earthpig; 04-21-2006 at 09:34 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 0