Thunder Mountain in mid November- Mtbr.com
    customized
    Sep 2003

Thunder Mountain in mid November

Any one have any recent reports on Thunder Mtn conditions? I will be in the area the weekend of the 15-16th. I am not worried about cold, what I don't want to do is head there if I am gonna hurt the trails.

Thanks
    Louis

mtbr member
    It's probably the other way around. Thunder will put the hurt on you if it's not dry. The Claron Formation provides the type of clay that is the gift that keeps on giving. It was snowing in the Bryce area yesterday and perhaps more is on the way early next week.

On the other hand, it could be great. If you don't get any rider reports maybe give the Powell Ranger District office in Panguitch a call (435-676-8815). Or, the Red Canyon Visitor Center (435-676-2676).

mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Thunder Mountain

I agree with Rockman, Thunder will put the hurt on you if it is at all wet. We rode the trail last summer and were caught about midway through the trail in a typical southern Utah thunderstorm. My rear triangle became so caked with mud that I could barely turn it by hand. We spent a good portion of the ride hiding under trees and trying to avoid the mud. Sure, we still had fun, however I will not ride the trail if there are threatening clouds what-so-ever!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0