Thunder Mountain melted out yet?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,622

    Thunder Mountain melted out yet?

    Anyone been up lately?

  2. #2
    NMBP
    Reputation: crashtestdummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,159
    I drove up Red Canyon on Friday the 18th. The paved trail was snow covered for the upper 2/3rds. I would imagine it will be a while. Highway 14 by Navajo Lake still has 6' snow piles beside the road.

  3. #3
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,622
    Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy
    I drove up Red Canyon on Friday the 18th. The paved trail was snow covered for the upper 2/3rds. I would imagine it will be a while. Highway 14 by Navajo Lake still has 6' snow piles beside the road.
    Thanks fer lettin' me know.

    MC

  4. #4
    I'd rather be biking...
    Reputation: shelbster15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    937
    Mid to late april is the usual time for the trail to be clear enough for riding. I go to bryce once a month for work and try to post when conditions are ready.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,820
    Thunder Mountain is at 8,000 feet. It snowed at 3500 feet today.

    Thunder Mountain is sketchy until May and even then it can be muddy
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

  6. #6
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    13,622
    Quote Originally Posted by STT GUY
    Thunder Mountain is at 8,000 feet. It snowed at 3500 feet today.

    Thunder Mountain is sketchy until May and even then it can be muddy
    I've snowshoed it in December. I've ridden it, on dry dirt, in January. Didn't see where there could be harm in hoping that it was dry now...

    MC

  7. #7
    Really I am that slow
    Reputation: SlowerThenSnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesee
    I've snowshoed it in December. I've ridden it, on dry dirt, in January. Didn't see where there could be harm in hoping that it was dry now...

    MC

    Us S/w Utah'ains have to be protective of the good stuff from Big Wheeled Huck Monkey Zealots
    Read my BLOG!

    just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Grizzattack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    315
    Any updates?
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement." -- Mark Twain

  9. #9
    I'd rather be biking...
    Reputation: shelbster15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    937
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=702974

    yikes! it was a thread right above this one....

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.