Thanksgiving in Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Thanksgiving in Moab

I am deciding if I am going to drag the fam out to Moab for thanksgiving but have no idea how ridable it will be out there at this time. Will I be able to ride procupine rim (lower part from the cattle guard) or am I going to be relegated to soveriegn and slick rock at this time of year? Thanks for the help.

Matt

Talentless Hack
    It really depends on the day and the weather. I rode Porc a couple years ago at Thnxgiving and it was totally dry even though the day before it snowed. I do think it is going to be an early winter this year.
    James
    Sierra Club Sucks

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Been going to Moab for Thanksging week the last 10 years. It's always a good time. Now that the kid is older, we've camped the last 4 years. Sure it gets cold at night, that's what a fire is for. Town is pretty much closed up, but there are way less people on the trails! I've ridden Porc more than once and not seen another person!! Hazard is probably out, but I've done Koko down a couple times. Parts of Koko don't get sun (burn area) so beware of the mud. The notch is "fun" when the lower part is mud or snowy. As others have said, it just depends on the weather. A little snow just makes it different. Still plenty to do and ride! Hope that helps! ....MM

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I appreciate the replies

Members who have read this thread: 0