Ten day Utah Mt. Bike tour help, anyone?- Mtbr.com
    Cleavage Of The Tetons

Ten day Utah Mt. Bike tour help, anyone?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from the Tetons.
    I may be new to this forum, but I am no noob to Utah riding. i have ridden hundreds (?) of times all over utah...from St. george, Moab, Swingarm City, Monticello, Price, Brain Head, the Goose, Wasatch, PC, Logan, etc, I have ridden quite a bit of good stuff.
    However, I am putting together a rolling tour next September for a group of ten Peruvians that I ride with a lot in Peru.
    The catch? They are extremely strong riders (a few masters champs, an ex olympian or two) but they are older, and some are adverse to technical singletrack downhills. they range in age from 50-72.
    All are VERY strong, and can handle distances, altitude, and heat well, but I need a little advice on setting up a desireable trip for them.
    So far, I have proposed this;
    Day 1..Fly into GJ. Lunch Loop, Ribbon, something like that for the PM. (too techie?)
    Day 2 Over the edge loop.
    Day 3, Kokopelli and some Loma exit stuff for the techie crowd.
    Day 4...suggestions in Moab for long, not too tech day? Gemini-Monument, with soveriegn if they want more?
    Day 5. Rest/sightsee for the non tech, Burro Pass-Porcupine for the hounds
    Day 6...looking for a good, long high alpine ride between Moab and SLC..Price, maybe? Or soldier summit/spanish fork?
    Day 7.. SLC...Wasatch crest, Mill Creek-PC-Mueller-Bountiful? too much?
    Day 8, any other good SLC choices?
    The group will want to ride between 4-7 hours per day. We will have shuttle capability most legs.
    What does everyone think of this itinerary?

These guys are tough SOB's, but I can't get anyone in over their head...too much!
    Thanks in advance, R
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Smile

Rideit,

Try the Black Hawk loop down by Payson (~35mile alpine loop).

For another SLC area ride, check out the mid mountain loop. Or in Utah county, check out some of the rides up American Fork Canyon.

For a great resource, go to utahmountainbiking.com for ride info and maps/photos.

Hope that helps

Cleavage Of The Tetons
    Thanks, Ucme...I think the Blackhawk loop looks perfect, I am not finding any directions to link it into a continuous 35 mi. loop...can you help with this?
    Any beta on rides near Price/Soldier Summit, anyone?
    "We LOVE cows! They make trails for us.....

And then we eat them."

Thrill Bikers Unite!

Members who have read this thread: 0