SW Utah, 2-3 must do rides?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

SW Utah, 2-3 must do rides?

or just explore?

Hitting Zion/Bryce/Gooseberry area for 3-4 days to bike and hike in a couple weeks. I have never been before, any recommendations for riding? I am guessing Gooseberry area...still gotta figure out where to camp too. Hmmmmm. I think I posted about camping options a couple months ago, I will go do a search

Thanks

Really I am that slow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa
    or just explore?

Hitting Zion/Bryce/Gooseberry area for 3-4 days to bike and hike in a couple weeks. I have never been before, any recommendations for riding? I am guessing Gooseberry area...still gotta figure out where to camp too. Hmmmmm. I think I posted about camping options a couple months ago, I will go do a search

Thanks

Gotta do Gooseberry mesa a few spots to camp up there as well... I hread thunder mountian near bryce is awesome although i haven't been myself... There's a few more options near goose... looking for flow or rock?
    Read my BLOG!

just a guy who loves bikes and exploring

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa
    or just explore?

Thanks
    Virgin River Rim Trail for cool temps and great singletrack.

mtbr member
    Here's what I'd do....

One day hiking in Zion: Angel's Landing or some slot canyons like The Subway or The Narrows.

One day up at Brianhead area either shuttling Blowhard, Dark Hollow, and Bunker Creek or doing the VRR like crashtestdummy suggested.

One day doing Gooseberry and/or Little Creek Mesa. Depending on the heat and your endurance the Goulds/JEM/Hurricane Rim loop is a great add on at the end of the day.

Have fun. So. Utah rocks!

Thunder Mountain is totally cool but not exactly in the same area. About 1-1.5 hours away.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    thanks for the suggestions guys!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Basically second KRob's opinion.

Thunder is a pretty cool ride to do on your way to Brianhead from Littlecreek/Goose. It seems like we rode Littlecreek, hiked up to the narrows, then hit up Thunder, then got to Brianhead late.

I think the way he listed the Brianhead rides is their order of awesomeness. . .

Guacamole looks cool, but haven't ridden it. . .

mtbr member
    I keep hearing varied responses on whether I should do the lifts tomorrow at Brian Head. Maybe i should just hit the lifts in deer valley when i get back home to park city. I have been in st george for the past week doing Zen, Barrels, and Sidewinder.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you have a big bike, definitely ride the lift. If you have a small bike, maybe still ride it. It seems like one of the shuttle companies includes a single lift ride if you use their shuttle. I would use it for Timberline. Just a lot of fun.

mtbr member
    Only have my Trek fuel ex9 with a lyrik on it. But i do a fair amount of drops on the bike all the time. Looks like they are only open on the weekends, so i wont be going there tomorrow like i was planning.

Members who have read this thread: 0