SW Desert or Pacific NW????- Mtbr.com
    NOT Team Sanchez

SW Desert or Pacific NW????

I spent two years in Seattle and the weather we've had in St.George the last week, and looks like the next week as well, has been eerily similar to winter weather in the PNW; rain and mist. Unlike the the PNW's loam that doesn't blink an eye upon being poured upon, we've got clay that turns to wet cement. Luckily for me I've got a Surly Pugsley; time to hit Sand Mountain with my dad
    I like bikes.

Your Best Friend
    Nice thing about Utah in the winter is that you still have the option of riding the trails when possible. I lived in Seattle for years and I remember how the trails were closed every year from October 15th through April 15th. I agreed with it but it still hurt.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    I spent two years in Seattle and the weather we've had in St.George the last week, and looks like the next week as well, has been eerily similar to winter weather in the PNW; rain and mist. Unlike the the PNW's loam that doesn't blink an eye upon being poured upon, we've got clay that turns to wet cement. Luckily for me I've got a Surly Pugsley; time to hit Sand Mountain with my dad
    Yeah, I passed over my old (2010) bike last week to my brother who moved to St. George a year and a half ago. Every time I've called him to ask if he's gotten a chance to get out and ride it all I hear about is all the rain.

I know one person on here who was trying to get together a St. George trip for today. Hope he didn't decide to motor all the way down there as he'll be mighty grumpy for Christmas.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Really?

He was complaining about rain in St George? What am I missing?

NOT Team Sanchez
    We've had rain like we did back in 2005 when there was all the flooding, hopefully it never gets that bad again. The danger's not so much in the constant rain here in town, but also that it's raining as high as 8,000' and melting snow to boot.

To answer your query Jaybo, St.George has been drenched lately.
    I like bikes.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Bringing this back up again, we're getting soaked! So much for global warming, that Al Gore's a trickster, nearly as bad as John Denver
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Don't look now but the sun came out in Hurricane. I'm getting the tin foil and heading outside. J

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ya.... the True Grip riders were SOOOOOOOOO dirty it was crazy.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Ride and Smile
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Bringing this back up again, we're getting soaked! So much for global warming, that Al Gore's a trickster, nearly as bad as John Denver
    Is that sarcasm? Or do you think that global warming only means warmer and dryer?

NOT Team Sanchez
    Of course it's sarcasm, hence the reference to Dumb and Dumber. I'm aware that global warming may manifest itself in the form of colder weather too, which means that any weather is proof of its existence.......yeah buddy.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Don't you know that it doesn't matter if it's warmer or colder, or if it rains more or snows, or if it's a drought, or if everything stays exactly the same... It's all because of global warming??
    Charlie Sheen got fired and it was because of global warming.

So sick of idiot people believing and spreading the lie.

Members who have read this thread: 0