Supermarket in Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Supermarket in Moab

Hi, sorry if this is a silly question, but is there some kind of supermarket in Moab to buy all kinds of stuff in case I forget to bring it with me, i.e. something similar to a Walmart, Target, Meijer, etc?

Also, is there a fedex kinkos in moab or any kind of fedex shipping counter?
    Thanks.

Bored Carp
    Don't know about the Fed-Ex for shipping out, but I have had a der hanger Fed-Exed to me in Moab (long story).

As for supplies, the Moab locals will be more than happy to take your money for just about anything you might need. Most of the minimarts have basic camping supplies, and the grocery store has really changed in the last 10 years to fit the needs of travellers. If you forget something, it will be available.
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    no big box stores in Moab but Grand Junction (next to Fruita) does...

mtbr member
    Thank for the replies. That was very helpful.

Andykiller

All that you can Dream of!

For mailing, go to the Moab Copy Center. It is on main street next to City Market, the grocery store. Plenty of outdoor gear and bike shops in town. What more could you leave behind?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    There is a full size supermarket in Moab. I can remember the name but it is right in the middle of town on the main drag (only drag). It has the biggest selection of energy bars I have every seen... nearly a whole isle... makes me laugh everytime I see it. I suggest the crunch peanut butter cliff bars. they are definitely worth the drive to Moab.

mtbr member
    I think I was just there. It's called City Market and is fully stocked with tons of stuff.
    It's a like a full fledged Kroger.
    I think it is a Kroger, b/c they have many kroger brand items.

Dec 2006
    Latecomer to the thread, but across the street from the Sh!tty Market is a natural foods grocery store that is FAR better. It's not all organic granola, either - you can get everything you need there. The produce is awesome.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Moab FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by FODM
    Latecomer to the thread, but across the street from the Sh!tty Market is a natural foods grocery store that is FAR better. It's not all organic granola, either - you can get everything you need there. The produce is awesome.
    The store across the street and south a little from City Market is called the Village Market (this week). It is not really a natural food store, but it is an independent. I think they have a store in Telluride, too.

There is a 'real' natural food store/coop called Moonflower Market just off of Main at 100 North, across the street from the Post Office.

To answer a previous post, City Market is a member of the Kroger Juggernaut. Your Kroger/King Soopers/whatever discount card will work there.

There is an Alco about a mile south of downtown on 191. Alco is what amounts to a mini-WalMart. Also, the Walker Drug Store near City Market has a lot of general stuff.

There is a little Moab FAQ here:

http://www.discovermoab.com/faq.htm

Members who have read this thread: 0