mtbr member

Sunday ride in PC

I know that riding the trails on a sunday, there's probably going to be a lot of traffic on the trails - unless I'm wrong and that would be great.

I have limited days to ride so I want to get a good size ride in Sunday. The two choices I'm between are Flying Dog loop and Armstrong - MM - CMG (potentially adding in riding up and back down pinecone).

Between parking and trail traffic, is there one option that would be much better than the other?

If by chance I could move this ride to Monday, is there other trails I could hit that wouldn't require a shuttle and might have less traffic, anywhere in the SLC/PC area.

Thanks for any input.

*** Would love to have company if anyone is interested in either of these rides. I'm going to do both of them, just not sure when but I'll be riding between Sunday and the following Wednesday.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Depending on time of day I would say riding in PCMR would be better than Flying dog given the weather forecast. If you go early, Flying dog will be fine, but if you get a leisurely start, the temps will be much nicer at PCMR. The only trail that really has annoying levels of trafic in PCMR is Mid-Mountain (pretty much anywhere between Deer Valley and the Spiro junction). If you're only taking MM to CMG, you won't be on it very long.

If you want a nice addition to Armstrong-MM-CMG, I would suggest Armstrong-MM-Powerline-Keystone-3 Candles-Mojave to MM. Then whatever last descent you want to ride down to the base (CMG, John's and Sweeneys, etc.). The powerline climb is a mean grunt, but it gets you up high and the roll along Keystone is blissful.

If you have the legs to ride up Pinecone, I would recommend you jump on the Wasatch Crest trail vs. coming back down Pinecone if you have time. The Crest is a classic ride and you'll already have done 90% of the climbing at that point to complete the loop. From the Crest, you'll want to drop back down into the Canyons resort via the Ridge Connector trail, then jump on Midmountain toward Ambush and then Holly's. A bit of pavement (road and bike paths) will get you back to PCMR parking lot.

Feel free to PM me for more details. I'm not sure if/when I will be riding on Sunday, but if I do get out it will be up in PCMR so if schedules work out, I'd be happy to take you around a bit.