Sundance Single Speed Challenge- Mtbr.com
    Apr 2007

Sundance Single Speed Challenge

Anyone done this race before? I can't seem to find any info on it (prior race results, course maps, etc.). Called up Sundance, but can't get a hold of the race organizer.

1/4 semi-pro
    id like to do this to. i dont knowe which gears to use though but wuld use liter tires.
    not anti-bobsled

Apr 2007
    Well, the registration is open, which you have to call to do so. Seems like they're still finalizing the course. The guy said he's using 32x18. He's on a 29er rigid. I'll probably go 33x20, because my sack is not as manly.

1/4 semi-pro
    ok.
    not anti-bobsled

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Bump, got a map drawn by Woody at sundance mountain outfitters. Fun course, probably going to run a 33 x 20 as well. I'll try to post the map and ride directions later.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Map:

Directions:

Easiest way to navigate is to find the numbered signs while riding, making sure you hit the correct numbered sign next. You are actually doing most of the midweek course, just in the opposite direction. So you will follow the blue flags for the most part. The only time the course deviates is when you come to sign 11, instead of continuing across to the single track you will take a left on the jeep road instead and continue climbing staying to your right at the intersection.

1. Start/Finish is in upper lot, dot on the map marks the spot.
    2. Head uphill on paved road, keep climbing past the paved road that intersects on your right.
    3. Take a right onto the double track road that heads under the lift.
    4. Head up single track, (Bobsled iirc)
    5. Keep climbing until you hit sign 11, take a left on the jeep road. Do not follow the flags across to the single track as I posted above.
    6. Climb up jeep road staying to your right at the intersection, you will hit sign 8 and see blue flags again, keep following them.
    7. Pretty self explanatory from here, just continue around Scott's pond loop and descend back making sure you see signs 31, 6, and 10.
    8. When you hit sign 10 keep following the blue flags down the steep fire road and take a hard left on the single track also marked by blue flags. Continue down until you hit the paved road you started on, head back uphill for another lap or to your car.

Hope this helps someone.

mtbr member
    Total elevation gain??

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by can't get right
    Total elevation gain??
    Around 1k vert, 3 laps I think.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Bump

Members who have read this thread: 0