Sundance DH Race Info Is Up- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Sundance DH Race Info Is Up

The info for the sundance super d and dh races are now up on go-ride. I am planning on racing for the first time this year(I have been riding for a long time, just not raced), how techy is the trail? Is 160mm freeride bike enough travel for this trail?

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    It can be fairly techy if you accidentally drift the first corner and pile drive your rear wheel in a gaper attempt to bunny hop onto the packed snow/ice because you were riding out of control/have zero skills and missed the channel dug through the snow, suffer a mild concussion, break your swing arm yet still manage to hit the booter at the bottom before the nausa and vomitting set in taking a distant 2nd to [email protected] Go-Ride.com in the what are you doing in the same class, class.

slcmcgaperrider 2009:

Other than that, it's fairly fun.

El Silver Fox 2009:

The Stupid D has an epic uphill road sprint at the end that is just a treat on a heavy Nomad or RFX. slcmcgaperrider circa 2007 (yes that is Silver Fox's child molestor van up in the corner, hiding, waiting for a victim):

Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 05-05-2010 at 01:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Here is the link to the page with the info.

http://www.go-ride.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=Racing.htm

mtbr member
    Online registration is now live. Even a feature now that lets you know who has signed up. Follow the link above!

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Dub
    Online registration is now live. Even a feature now that lets you know who has signed up. Follow the link above!
    Any word on the conditions of the resort? Meaning, is there the potential for it to be covered in snow?

I plan on using this event as preparation for the Humdinger. I figure hey, where can I spend $20 plus a lift pass to sprint my arse off on a completely flat course for 14 minutes against superior fit guys on 29'ers???

BTW: I will be mailing my entry in secret so that no one will know which class I'll be competing in so as to confuse any snipers or would be assassins. And I may have a body double racing as well.

mtbr member
    There will be 1 very narrow bit of trail cut through a snow drift that looks like you might just be able to jump it, but no, it's not possible so don't try.

On a serious note, I haven't heard anything on the conditions of the resort yet.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Dub
    There will be 1 very narrow bit of trail cut through a snow drift that looks like you might just be able to jump it, but no, it's not possible so don't try.
    Bastard!

Just an FYI: I didn't bust out the trainer all winter. Instead I practiced my vertical leap in anticipation of that damned snow/ice drift. Right now I can clear the height of the Salt Lake White Pages and am getting close to cleaning the Yellow Pages. So game on.

Just the thought of that race makes me really tired. I'm starting my wind sprint regimine after work.

Also got the 36'er up and running, should be the perfect set up for that event-dual front disks to slow down my out-of-control freight train bike and found my shabby riding shoes lying in the back of the Red Dragon under an old tire. And my beard is finally coming in, so pretty much a bonus all around.

Yeah, that's a 50mm stem. It's all DH and sh!t.

Music choice for this year's race will be Night Ranger's Sister Christian.

Last edited by slcrockymountainrider; 05-10-2010 at 10:17 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm not familar with "cat 1 and 2" classes where I'm from, is that equivalent to expert and sport?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ^
    Yes Cat 1 is expert and Cat 2 is sport

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by el guapo gorro
    ^
    Yes Cat 1 is expert and Cat 2 is sport
    Keep in mind that in the Utah DH Series that's actually reversed as all the dumbhillers are too cheap to buy a USA Cycling license and move up into CAT 1/Expert.

I race CAT 1 now, usually against myself, to avoid competing against all the fast guys sandbagging the CAT 2 class. One can garner a very impressive race resume' in the CAT 1 class winning every race when no one else shows up except Brian Lopes, excuse me...P-Town Dave.

However, it can be quite embarrasing to lose when you're the only guy in your class/age group. Or when the promotor looks at your past times and moves you into the 9-12 year old CAT 4's so you have someone to compete against .

Members who have read this thread: 0