Sundance?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sundance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Sundance?

Hey Utah,
    Planning a trip to visit family and they are 20min from Sundance. Spent alot of time on the snowboard but wonder what to plan for as far as riding. Nomad/open face, DH bike/ full gear? Just wondering what to pack. The website makes it sound pretty "all mountainish" Any recomendations on trails, love to ride everthing, and I dont mind climbing but I am on vacation
    Enjoy every ride!

Apr 2008
    there's not much that's technical at sundance. i'd say "all mountainish" is a pretty good description. archie's loop is a good scenic ride either up or down. there's a couple rock drops and such on rock & roll. if you've got 3 hours, you can pretty much ride every trail there.

Jul 2008
    I rode sundance this summer. They have a DH race trail that is pretty fun. Rock and Roll was my favorite trail. Very tight and technical. Also the trail right under the lift forget what it is called is really flowy and has a bunch of spin cycle things. There is some climbing but mostly downhill.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    You'd be totally fine on a nomad. I've used a hardtail there before. I took my 50 year old dad who had never mtn biked before there and he was fine. The dh course is pretty fun, kinda sketchy though if it's too dry. just ride everything. it won't take too long

Members who have read this thread: 0