Summit Cycle and Snow- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Summit Cycle and Snow

Has anyone dealt with Summit Cycle and Snow out of Park City? I'm from Idaho, and thinking about dealing with them.

Good or not so swell comments appeciated.

Park City, Utah
    Jun 2005
    I've had some minor repair work done there and been very happy with the level of service I received.

Pedal Bike
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Has anyone dealt with Summit Cycle and Snow out of Park City? I'm from Idaho, and thinking about dealing with them.

Good or not so swell comments appeciated.
    Good guys!...have the owner wrench your bike.

If still undecided, have Kevin at Jan's do the work.

Both are topshelf...

Pedal Bike
    Nov 2005

Shake Up at Summit...

Enoch, the original Summit Cycle store manager, quit several weeks ago.

Not sure who is wrenching these days...

Mar 2006

Upset summit cycles sucks

not only does enoch not work there the whole crew quit! they all work at jans now.I would not trust the owner vince to work on a bike of mine he does not know how to even build a wheel plus the touring company they own in zion, springdale cycle cycle tours just shut down. they only gave jared (who works at jans ) 2 days notice to move out of his place down there.and they have a big ad in cycling utah. didnt look like they were planing to shut down, some thing at summit is fishy! they are having money troubles is what i think. plus i have herd sence enoch left a lot of promlems with customer bikes have hapened ! so every body i have talked to says summit is not the place to shop or have sevice done any more. on a other note i herd there is going to be a new bicycle service shop by summit honda.

Apr 2006

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Summit is Dope, Green Horse is a Tool

The one truth in Green Horse's posting is that Summit Cycles is having some financial difficulties. Go ask anyone in there; they'll tell you that the troubles stemmed from the previous management/employees. Unfortunately, there were liars and theives in the midst-most likely the same people behind that trashy posting. To say that the whole crew quit is more than a stretch-most were fired. The new crew and the owners are working hard to rebuild the shop and undo the damage done. The service work and customer service are great, and things are looking up for the coming season. To refute another point, Vince hasn't closed his touring company, he's just moving it. The first tour goes out in two weeks, and they'll be on the North Rim all summer. Check springdalecycles.com and/or summitcyclesandsnow.com for details; the sites should be up within the month. And dude, just give it up.

Aug 2005
    I use White Pine, Jans, or Cole Sport. Ask for Matt at White Pine

Mar 2006

... and if we just ... do your home work

thanks for the reply. your post has some very interesting points that are wrong. I was down in zion and the shop is not open. the guy who owns the climbing store took it over and has a nice bike shop going I think he will do well. its very professional .I looked around and could not find springdale cycle tours anywhere. I went into freds shop down in zion. its a small place but cool. he used to work with springdale cycle tours and he had nothing nice to say about vince and his shop. plus if you look on the internet the house i think the owners lived in is for sale and empty. so how do they run it, from park city?. I have asked around Enoch was the only one fired. Nate, Travis, Haydon and Jared quit. they all work at jans exept haydon and do a great job. they dont steal or they would not work there.(we heard thats what he is telling people )I never saw the owner in the shop all of last year and summit was very busy and under staffed, they did not even have a runing computer at first they wrote every thing down and it was just nate and enoch.where were the owners then? so busy it was crazy,and they did a good job. I think summit is in trouble because the owners were and are never there. I know at least 10 people who have gotten bad service at summit since everyone left. they liked it before. they all went to jans and kevin and paul took care of them. last year every one was stoked on the service at summit no longer!!! but if you do go there ask for kain he is the best one there. I know the owner is talking all kinds of **** but if those guys did a bad job or stole why didnt they get in trouble with the cops. use your own judgement go in to summit then go into jans you will see what i mean. plus just talk to the owner -vince the guys a limp fish!!!!

Aug 2005

Read the Thead...

I think this guy was looking for a shop in Park City.

Mar 2006
    The shop is'nt in Park City anymore. It's in Heber and it's opening any day now!!!! Brothers Bikes next to Smith's. Magomrah, Vince has you brain washed.

mtbr member
    I stopped in on vacation and inquired about Enoch or Nate and was tersley informed they didn't work there anymore. The owner then proceeded to ignore me. Prick. Will never step foot in that shop again. I don't care if they ARE a Yeti dealer. Avoid them. Is Nate still in the area?
    Yeti | RST | Hayes | SixSixOne | Royal Racing | Syncros | Twenty6 | Kenda | Bicycle Butler Spokane, WA

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dminor
    I stopped in on vacation and inquired about Enoch or Nate and was tersley informed they didn't work there anymore. The owner then proceeded to ignore me. Prick. Will never step foot in that shop again. I don't care if they ARE a Yeti dealer. Avoid them. Is Nate still in the area?
    They have gone so so far downhill. The service there blows. I will never spend another dime at that shop.

Jun 2006

Summit Sucks!!! Jans And White Pine Rule P.c.

Yeah Nate is still in pc! Enoch and Travis have their own shop in Heber. Brothers Bikes next to Smiths. Go to Jans those guys can tell you whats up!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Thanks for all these posts but Im finding them a little to late. I think Ive been bit by these guys. I purchased a wheelset from them recently off of ebay and the guy who shipped it didnt stick to the shipping service the auction claimed it would be shipped. It should have been shipped UPS but Im guessing that they decided to try to save/make some more $$ and ship it USPS. Ive yet to see the package and its been 2 wks. USPS has no record of the package.

I paid through paypal so I should be covered... I think.
    Im not very optimistic at this point but I will give it another week.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I want to take back my previous comment about Summit Ski and Snow and apologize for any negative impact this may have caused.

Every person that I spoke with was very polite and honest about the product and shipping. I was worried about losing out didnt think through the implications of my actions.

I received the item which was delivered in a professionally packaged box and in the condition they described... excellent.

So again, I made a mistake in judging this organization. They have a good team there.
    I would buy from them again!

And please except my apology.

Jul 2006

Two sides to every story

I'm a new-ish employee at Summit Cycles, but have a bit of experience there BOTH before and after Enoch left.

I don't know if Enoch stole, or the other employees, or what was going on that resulted in Vince firing him / them. I can tell you that when I was a customer last year, Enoch did indeed tell me that he was the shop owner, and to be honest that alone would make me pretty pissed if I were Vince. Also, now as an employee, we really do get quite a few people that come in mad at things that Enoch and his crew said or did or promised but didn't deliver last year, and have worked hard to satisfy those folks and make up for whatever may or may not have happened.

On the other hand, there are also a lot of people who liked Enoch and those guys, so I'm sure there's another side to the story. We'll never know.

Things do go wrong at shops, that's life. It's how those things are dealt with that's the issue. Orders will be missed, repairs that need another do-over due to a mistake, that's life, not a shitty shop. Even Go-Ride in Salt Lake makes mistakes, it's human.

The problem now is people firing up here in the thread with emotions, rather than finding out the facts. Conclusions jumped to. I.e. the person who posted that Vince "proceeded to ignore me." Well, if you're asking about an ex-employee that Vince fired and is pissed at, ignoring you is not that surprising, put yourself in his shoes.

It bugs me that rather than trying to work things out with the shop, we learn about problems through internet postings. That's pretty cowardly. And sadly, common. Easier to vent online than to talk to someone in person and make things right. Anyway, that's my vent. Been on both sides of the counter, so why can't we all get along?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I honestly feel bad for the statement that I made and am continueing my apology, as embarassing as this may be.

My contact at Summit Cycles and Snow called me and brought it to my attention as I completely forgot about adding to this forum.

He explained to me his concern and further explained that he would have appreciated a simple phone call to resolve any issues. I completely agree and as stated before jumped to conclusions and resorted to forums to vent. I was apologetic over the phone, I hope he believed me, and now want to emphasize to the readers that I was completely in the wrong.

Summit Cycle and Snow is a very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable shop!

Like Yentna said, people make mistakes. This was my mistake. Im sorry.

Jul 2006
    db-raven, that rocks. Sorry if my post seemed directed at you - there was some stuff on another board a while back plus this thread, and it all just finally made me want to post. And, to be honest I didn't see your reply when I posted as it took me a while to draft that, grin, and you posted while I was writing.

Anyway, we appreciate that post since a lot of times people forget to post when things are resolved, and am glad it all worked out. Best wishes to you, enjoy the wheels, and stop by when you're in Park City.

Cheers everyone.

Luddite technophile
    I don't know who any of these guys are, except Vince. Ran into him down at Gooseberry one evening and we did a bit of the South Rim together. Saw him again as he was leaving and he gave me a couple of great locally grown apples from his stash. He was a good guy.

Dec 2006

I just want to share my experience at Summit cycle and Snow

Hi all, I just want to bring my 2 cents here and share my experience.

I was looking for a specific bike from 2006 left over, I had contacted several retailers all across USA to know what they had to offer. Receiving several propositions, the best one was coming from Summit and Snow. Guess what, it is based in Utah. I am based in Montreal Canada. Long way from home

The bike I was interesting in was selling at around $3,000. I thought it was a good thing to know more about the store. What kind of store is it? How about the reputation? You don't give your credit card number on the phone to everybody. And hopefully, once done, you just hope the bike will be shipped as expected.

1- So I did my research. Google "Summit and Snow" I found this forum. Following the thread it seemed to be like a dispute between the new owner and the former one.
    2- I decided to do more as it wasn't enough for me. The guy is selling on Ebay. Member Profile: cyclesnowsales, check by yourself the guys has 97% of good feedback. This give me at least another viewpoint and this build confidence.
    3- To make sure to make the good decision I decided to contact the owner Vince. We exchange a lot of Email and phone regarding the payment and shipping and of course the product.

After we arrive to an agreement, I was waiting for the product to arrive. It finally did and it was just as expected. Brand new, mint condition and very happy with it.

Final word. Why am I writing this? Because I love to bike, and if a store leave me with a good experience, I just share it so other customers could benefit the same.

I would do business with the store again.

Stephane Sevigny
    Last edited by stefs; 12-14-2006 at 05:30 PM.

May 2007

My experience wasn't so good

Not completely MB related, but pertains to the theme of the post.

I bought a snowboard, over the phone, from the owner of Park City Rides (aka Summit Cycles and Snow). CC charged same day, but the board wasn't shipped out for almost a month. Now I didn't need this immediately, but received three emails (available on request) promising the board would be shipped out "tomorrow." Three-plus weeks after the sale, the board was finally shipped.

I guess I shouldn't have rushed them. The board came shipped in the DUST SLEEVE ONLY, with some apparently recycled bubble wrap (the tiny bubbles, not the big cushioning ones at that) wrapped ONLY AROUND HALF OF THE BOARD! The back 1/2 was protected only by the cheap vinyl dust sleeve, which had the postal labels applied directly to it. Of course the vinyl sleeve tore, and the board was scuffed and had caked-on dirt (how does dirt get in a mailed package?) where the sleeve was torn. Pictures of the "packing" are available on request.

Contacted the owner, and was told he "cannot take responsibility for how it ends up with the end user". Not at all apologetic about the delays, and the atrocious shipping procedures.

Maybe a great shop to walk in and buy from, but from this experience, I would never buy anything from them unless I was there in person to get it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    nevermind

mtbr member
    Back to the topic at hand, i bought a bike over the phone from Enoch when i lived in the Northwest... and it was a great experience... i even had a fork shipped right to them so they could exchange it with the one currently on the bike... when he told me it'd be done.. it was done... so i had my folks go pick it up.. I did buy a frame from Summit and it was still a good experience ... it took awhile to get in.. . .but i can't attribute that to Summit or Yeti. Either way, i got my product just as promised with my King headset installed free of charge.

I'd still do business there for sure but Brothers Bikes is super close and i've had excellent experiences with them. I still stop in Summit occasionally and it looks like they're doing well. Last time i stopped in they were building up a gnarly astrix huckster... everything on it was primo.

As for what did or didn't happen at summit before hand really doesn't matter .. and it shouldn't at this point...

I say stop in at Park City Rides (summit cycles) and check it out if you are in the Park City area, they are super nice guys... and if you're in the Heber area stop in at Brothers BIkes.. its a great shop....

Both Vince and Enoch have always treated me with tons respect and always as a valued customer... I never seen anything but that from both of them

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Good Shop

Nothing but good things to say about the shop, contacted "Goose"? regarding an Ellsworth Evolve, they signed up as a dealer and got me the bike. The build was perfect! Easy to deal with, great service.

Their bike line is sick: Ellsworth, Titus, Kona

If you are in park city, check it out

flatlander

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yentna
    I.e. the person who posted that Vince "proceeded to ignore me." Well, if you're asking about an ex-employee that Vince fired and is pissed at, ignoring you is not that surprising, put yourself in his shoes.

It bugs me that rather than trying to work things out with the shop, we learn about problems through internet postings
    I'm the person who said this. I haven't been to this forum in a while; but I looked up the old thread just to read the other comments.

Maybe it was a bad day, I don't know. But Vince could have at least explained why he might be sore - -without getting into gory details that I didn't need to know. And ignoring me is surprising - - and bad business...I don't care how sore he was. I asked after those names because they were the only two I knew, being an out-of-towner on vacation, and people I'd made a past connection with. Vince did not bother to inquire how he might help me instead, find out that I was a Yeti owner and a thorough 'Tribe' member or anything.

As far as finding out through postings; hey, you're lucky you got that from me. I washed my hands of that shop on that day. If it had been more than a snub - - like shoddy service that other people have posted here - - you can bet that I wouldn't have messed around with an MTBR post; I'd have had an e-mail off to Chris Conroy at Yeti.

As it is, I've sold the Yeti, I'm racing for Transition now and probably will be next year. I still love Yetis and may come back to the Tribe some day; but if we vacation in PC again, I won't bother stopping by Summit.
    Yeti | RST | Hayes | SixSixOne | Royal Racing | Syncros | Twenty6 | Kenda | Bicycle Butler Spokane, WA

Members who have read this thread: 0