Stolen Titus (Park City, Utah area - mod title edit)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Stolen Titus (Park City, Utah area - mod title edit)

Never thought it'd happen to me but my bike has been stolen. A 2006 Titus Motolite size medium. I know that its gone and probably already stripped down will never come back. Totally bummed. Any tips are welcome. Sighhhh.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    That's terrible man... sorry to hear about your loss. Why don't you provide the forum with your location and more details and maybe someone can help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I live in Park City, UT in a neighborhood called Pinebrook. It was stolen on 8/26 in the early morning hours. It was a great bike, BB7 brakes, Thomson seatpost and stem, DT swiss wheels, Hope hubs, XT crankset, Float RL fork, Race Face carbon bars, and Eggbeater SL Pedals. I put the word out in town, and hopefully she shows up.

Jul 2007
    Keep an eye on eBay, craigs list, etc. to see if a bike that fits your description is posted for sale.

Feb 2004

Ouch....

Sorry to hear, how did they come by your bike?

Register the serial numbers with the Cops. Start checking places kids park bikes like school and the like as it might be a neighbor kid or someone in the area who does not know you.

You could also notify kids in your area that you are offering a reward if they find the bike or assist you in its return ( they may even know the thief).

Notify all the bike shops that do repair, give each pictures and the serial number printed on the photo, they can use for reference if they see/work on a similiar bike.

Best wishes...

CS

on my 3rd wind...
    Bummer, I had one of my bike stolen last winter right out of my garage. I thought same as you to never to be seen again. Most theif will go straight to Pawn shop. If you have a s/n of the frame, report to police. All pawn shops are required to register all items with s/n to police.

BTW, my bike was brought back by police officer 2 weeks later. They found a matching s/n from a pawn shop who received the bike.
    sth

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Bummer Doug not sure if you got my message about this

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by pipes1212
    Never thought it'd happen to me but my bike has been stolen. A 2006 Titus Motolite size medium. I know that its gone and probably already stripped down will never come back. Totally bummed. Any tips are welcome. Sighhhh.
    http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/412721949.html

If it looks like your bike, contact the cops.
    Last edited by crashtestdummy; 09-05-2007 at 07:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    I saw that too and called the guy. This guy is legit and it is not the same bike..

NMBP
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselcruiserhead
    I saw that too and called the guy. This guy is legit and it is not the same bike..
    That is good to know. Good luck to the OP on finding his bike. I know I would be really, really pissed.

Meta6SLC
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thanks for all the help. What bums me out the most is that some douchebag has my bike and has probably trashed it and or sold it for a few hundred bucks. That sucks. I have been contacting all the local shops and many in SLC as well with no luck. Thanks for keeping an eye out. I would have rather it had fallen of the car rack and get hit by a semi, at least then I would have closure, and some parts. Stealing is lame.

Shattering Glass
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Morton

$3000.00 for a used Titus. This has got to be the idiot.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    Thanks for all the help. What bums me out the most is that some douchebag has my bike and has probably trashed it and or sold it for a few hundred bucks. That sucks. I have been contacting all the local shops and many in SLC as well with no luck. Thanks for keeping an eye out. I would have rather it had fallen of the car rack and get hit by a semi, at least then I would have closure, and some parts. Stealing is lame.
    Are you following up on that ksl one? That almost has to be it, very vague description, no real pics, and price that shows they don't have a clue what they are doing. Just call the guy and setup a testride and have a cop (or I believe it's a sheriff in that zip code) on standby a block or so away. Once you can identify it as yours let them know and they'll lay down some justice.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    called once, no answer, sounded like a young guy in the message. The bike he has pictured is not the same model as mine (older with interrupted seat post). I'm going to ask if it has the interrupted seat post over the phone and if he says it does is it still worth driving for 40 min to go see it? I guess so but I'm looking for advice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    good luck with it Doug.. Drunk dialed your ass last night
    If it doesn't work out, there is always...
    http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/417304962.html

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    not it. Titus Switchblade.

Dr. Pepper drinker
    not it. Titus Switchblade.
    That sucks, hope something else turns up for you. Will keep an eye out for in down in SLC. So, why do I get the feeling someone is also missing a Titus Switchblade?
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Doug if you have the serioal number I would really pursue that avenue... The pawn shops sling a lot of bikes and I think its a good idea..

Aug 2007

Upset All Bike Thieves Shall Get The Chainsaw Enemas They Deserve!

Really sux about your bike, man... some people's kids, I swear.

That's why, on ALL of my bikes I've ever owned, I've laminated a 3"X5" card with my name, adress and phone number on it, with a message that "if it is brought into a shop for service by another person, please call me". I roll this laminated card up, and stuff it up in the steerer tube of the fork.

I read it in a magazine about 10 years ago....

The same idea might work with a smaller ID Tag / Note, perhaps inside the stem?

Someone might take the bike in for a cleaning / overhaul / tune-up and you may get lucky.

Some food for thought.....

HOPE YOU GET YOUR RIDE BACK.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    well, I keep checking the usual places, ebay, craigslist, ksl for my bike, frame, parts, anything. No luck. She's gone. Good news is that insurance came through and I'm in the market for a new ride. Thinking Ventana. Anyway, whatever it is will be sleeping in the new bike 'safe room' I had built in my house. Ok its just my closet, but this one will not be stolen!!! Thanks for the help all.

Members who have read this thread: 0