Stolen fork, wheel, & brake in Moab- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Stolen fork, wheel, & brake in Moab

Hi everyone,

On Saturday night March 12 I had some stuff stolen off a bike that was locked to my bike rack at Sand Flats campground (near Slickrock). The fork was a Fox Float RLC, front wheel was a Mavic 223 rim laced to a WTB laser disc lite hub with black spokes, and the brake was a Hayes Hag 6 inch disc. The lever body and blade are black. The fork had recognizable scuff marks on both legs and has a white zip tie holding the brake line on. If anyone happens to see any of the parts it would be great if you could PM me and let me know. The Grand County Sheriff's was notified so you could notify them as well. They also tried to steal my fork but got spooked before they got it. Just so you all know the frames were locked and the person still got what they wanted. Please be very carefull about your belongings. I never had an issue last year, but things have obviously changed.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    That sucks, I heard someone in our camping area (we were down there the same time in camping area C) had a front wheel stolen. Which is really weird because we left all kinds of stuff out unlocked that would have been a much better haul. We've always just left our stuff laying around as it seems everyone pretty much does. In the future we will have to be more careful. Sad really because it's a serious pain the butt to try and secure all your gear in that kind of place.