Stolen Bikes!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Stolen Bikes!

mtbr member

Stolen Bikes!

Stolen Bikes!-stolen.jpg
    This is my first post and unfortunately it is about my stolen bikes.
    Got my bike stolen last Oct. 2015 at my apartment, Police report has been filed, and been searching online ever since.
    Above is a flier I'm posting online and handing out to local bike shops and pawnshops, with some details of both bikes.
    Worse is I don't have the serial number for the Fezzari, so I'm not sure if I can get it back even if I see it. Any advice?
    Although it's an old bike but that's the bike I'm wanting it back the most. I just switched to DH last year, and love it.
    I'm hoping this one turns up next season at one of bike parks or local bike shops as I don't see this model here in Utah valley.

Giant Revel 1 Serial: C23D4992
    Model Year: 2013
    Size: Medium
    Color: White/Black
    *New Specialized Ground Control tires (Front and Rear). With Silicon/clear tape protection on the frame, and blue neoprene LizardSkin chainstay protector

Fezzari Widows Peak
    Model Year: 2008
    Size: Medium
    Color: White/Black
    *With Silicon/clear tape protection on the frame, broken/missing grip end caps (left and right), rear tires are installed in the wrong rotational direction

Thanks.

Thin Man on a Fat bike
    The dealer usually writes the bike serial number on your receipt, or might have it on file from their stock at the time. Even if you bought it from someone else, if you can trace it back to the dealer who originally sold it you can probably get the serial number. Without a way to positively ID it the police can't seize it and get it back to you.
    I hate to say it but unless some drunk steals it to get a ride home late at night and dumps it........they usually are in pieces and parted out begore you finish making the theft report.......

mtbr member
    That is a bummer. FWIW, my brother found his bike for sale on KSL about a month after it was stolen. It helped that it was an Iron Horse DH bike, so perhaps a little less common than some. He called the police, but they wouldn't do anything at first, so we went to check it out as potential buyers and verified that it was his. We then called the police and they came and removed it. Biggest downside was that they held it in evidence for about 90 days; not sure what the evidence was for, as they never called either of us to testify or anything, so I don't know if charges were pressed.
    '19 Ibis Ripmo
    '13 Felt Z4