Stolen Bike- Mtbr.com

Thread: Stolen Bike

mtbr member

Stolen Bike

Rocky Mountain Switch Pro was stolen from my good friends Backyard last night. We have no leads. I am going to check pawn shops and the classifieds daily I guess. If you guys have any ideas let me know! Keep an eye out too. I know you guys feel for someone who loses their ride and its terrible
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Driverfound337
    Rocky Mountain Switch Pro was stolen from my good friends Backyard last night. We have no leads. I am going to check pawn shops and the classifieds daily I guess. If you guys have any ideas let me know! Keep an eye out too. I know you guys feel for someone who loses their ride and its terrible
    FWIW, I would still report it to the 5-O. About a month ago a friend had his road bike stolen off the roof of his car, at home in Sugarhouse, during the day. 3 days later a West Valley Police officer called him and they had his bike minus the saddle bag. Seems some homeless (looking) tweaker was riding it down some busy road with a 12 pack of PBR on the handlebars. The po-po was wise enough to put two and two together: crack whore on a $5000 road bike didn't add up.

If he didn't report the bike and serial number, it would have ended up at the auction some time down the road (no pun intended).

BTW: use a cable lock on your roof racks even if you've got a core lock. False sense of security thinking the Yakima and Thule locking mechanisms and design of the carriers are super secure. His was locked and they pulled it off in the middle of the day in his driveway.

I think we should go back
    Nov 2008
    Oh I will look, Im sorry to hear it... My neighbor has had many bikes stolen from his back yard then the whole family got specialized stumpjumpers and now they keep them all in their garage. i keep my bike in my garage...

Good luck finding it!

Members who have read this thread: 0