St George/Zion area in June?- Mtbr.com
    a dad
    Jan 2004

St George/Zion area in June?

planning a trip for next summer and wondering if its too hot there in June? thanks

by too hot i mean 90's...
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Oct 2005

Only a little hot...

Usually by June we are fairly consistently over 100 in the afternoons, but the mornings and evenings cool down nicely - around 80 if you start early enough or ride late enough.

We are lot less humid than most other places, too. I find that if I am riding in anything other than the absolutely hottest part of the day, it is not too bad.

A couple things to remember - bring more water than you think you will need, and don't count on finding any shade.

SS Pusher Man
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia
    planning a trip for next summer and wondering if its too hot there in June? thanks

We were there on July 4th 2 years ago and it was 110+ in St. George.

mtnbikej

shaved yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by billybobzia

Yeah, it'll be 90s in Saint George, if not 100s. This is about when Goose starts getting hot, too (it's about 10 deg cooler than Saint George).

A lot of touring companies use Saint George as a hub to get up into the higher elevations around this time (hitting Brian head, Thundermountain, etc.)

Nov 2005
    its not too hot if you ride in the morning and evenings but brianhead is the best then

Members who have read this thread: 0