St. George rides- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2007

St. George rides

Going to be in St. George next week and wanting to get a couple of rides in. From Arizona and never rode St. George before. I have looked at a couple of trails on net and downloaded maps....gooseberry mesa and bearclaw poppy. Anybody have any current info on these trails/advice thanks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Have you checked utahmountainbikeing.com? There is a trails section that has writeups and locations of most of the major trails in Utah. If you are heading to gooseberry you should hook up with some of the locals for your first time out, the guys at Desert Cycles are great and can get you in touch with someone willing to go. The shop is on the north end of Bluff st. talk to Dusty, he's a great guy and alot of help.

I railed it like Kong
    Post here when you can ride and we'll make sure you get to hit the good stuff.

I can ride in the evenings, Dusty rides in the mornings and Desert Cyclery always has a Saturday ride to somewhere. I've also got a buddy that rides Goose once a week during the weekdays. He's a jobless hippy and will go whenever you want, also one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet.

DC's number is 674-2929 and Dusty is their every day. Let's set something up.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    The last trip I took there we did those same two rides. Gooseberry is a great ride with lots of options. The ride is actually pretty flat with gradual hills, plus a few short steep climbs (ala slickrock).

Bearclaw is a short, but fun ride. Not much shade around so be ready for some heat.

Here's a short video I made. I never got around to making the full thing though. Most of the pics are from Gooseberry and the video's from Bearclaw.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QV3q6Eukuis

Members who have read this thread: 0