St George in the next few days?!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

St George in the next few days?!

Any locals wanna show a dude from denver around? I'm on a biking trip with my wife but she got sick and probably won't be riding much for the rest of the trip. We did the Hurricane loop a couple days ago and today i rode the Grafton area and flying monkey. We did gooseberry last fall. Really looking to do some more of the DH/Free ride lines, it would be nice if I wasn't solo though. Anyone wanna hit King Kong? I know there has to be more goods (nephi's?) OTE was a little tight lipped about anything similar to what I've already done though haha. I think we're in town until Thursday...
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I'm *guessing* that if you already rode Grafton and Flying Monkey, anything else that OTE might be able to recommend isn't 100% legal/legit and they don't want to get it closed down. Needless to say, I'm sure they know about other similar areas....good luck in your quest
    Carpe Diem!!

mtbr member
    Ya... I thought that was the point of the area though? Build/ride what you want? It's all good I get it. We bailed anyways, getting sick on vacation blows. I'm probably going to come back next month. I could reciprocate the stuff out here if anyone is game. I promise I won't film/post about it lol... or kill myself.
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    I'm absolutely sure that Quentin and/or Jordan at OTE knows every nook and cranny up there. I've ridden Guacamole and Little Creek numerous times with friends and generally stick to the routes you see on Trailforks. However, when Quentin leads a group ride, it seems that 80% of the ride is "of the grid" as he likes doing some sketchy drops, rollers, etc...he does a couple drop that I literally get off my bike and slide down on my butt.

It may seem like the wide open wild, wild west but they run into opposition out there too and a couple great trails have been closed down in the past.
    Carpe Diem!!

mtbr member
    Do they do posted group rides or are you talking about them guiding? I might be solo next month so organized group rides would be nice
    Denver, CO

mtbr member
    There always do a Saturday morning group ride and while they don't drop anybody, the pace is upper intermediate I would guess. I know they do a group ride for women on Friday and I *think* they had another ride during the week but that may be seasonal. We're usually there Thursday-Sunday and do the Saturday ride. Quentin usually leads the Saturday ride and is always open to suggestions. Either recommend something on their FB page or stop in on Thursday and tell them you want to do the gnarliest group ride they do. Like I said, Quentin turns the standard Little Creek ride into a rock sessioning drop-fest
    Carpe Diem!!

mtbr member
    thanks
    Denver, CO

Your Best Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    Ya... I thought that was the point of the area though? Build/ride what you want?
    Oh hell no. Extra emphasis on no.

I just want people to understand this is not the case.

If you're talking about redbull rampage type lines, that's all on private property.

The bulk of the land around here is BLM and they try really hard to take care of the local mtb contingent. Making illegal lines does not help us.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Oh hell no. Extra emphasis on no.

I just want people to understand this is not the case.

If you're talking about redbull rampage type lines, that's all on private property.

The bulk of the land around here is BLM and they try really hard to take care of the local mtb contingent. Making illegal lines does not help us.

hah, ok good to know. Seems there are a bunch of videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8iTBoeYjXc

that seem to hint at otherwise? I assume most people posting on MTBR are also more of the XC variety?
    Denver, CO

Your Best Friend
    Videos like this do us no favors. They never say where they are and so people assume they can be anywhere.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in southwest Utah

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    Videos like this do us no favors. They never say where they are and so people assume they can be anywhere.
    google earth usually helps...
    Denver, CO