St George/Hurricane weather conditions May/June?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

St George/Hurricane weather conditions May/June?

Hi,
    planning to do some mtb in what appears to be a fantastic area I've never been to!! Found a lot of useful info in forum (thanks!) but not sure about weather:
    * End of May?
    * Middle of June?
    Any help greatly appreciated!!
    --
    If I work to pay for my rides - then why am I at work right now??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by amirh1 View Post
    Hi,
    planning to do some mtb in what appears to be a fantastic area I've never been to!! Found a lot of useful info in forum (thanks!) but not sure about weather:
    * End of May?
    * Middle of June?
    Any help greatly appreciated!!
    There is no way to predict this but if you look at weather sites for "averages", you can expect it to be warm for sure. High 80's in May and 90's in June. Climate | St. George Area Chamber of Commerce

We were there last February (and this year late January) and we had temps in the 70's and even 80's one day. We went back in mid-May last year and it rained on us a couple days and was in the high 50's the rest of the time.
    Carpe Diem!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I lived in St George for a couple years and you can definitely expect at least one weekend of rain in May. The question is which weekend it will be. Overall though May is a beautiful time to ride down there. Like K2 said you can get a cold front that moves in and be chilly or you can have the average 80 degree temps. I would definitely consider May over June solely on the fact that June can be way hot (unless you don't mind riding in a blast furnace).

mtbr member

Good Riding in June

You can expect the temps to be 5-10 degrees cooler up on the Mesas where most of the amazing riding is located. We have three mesas that are spectacular and provide landscape, geography, vistas and fun ride challenges unlike anything else in the U.S. A friend of mine who holds multiple down hill titles as an expert came to town last fall and said he has never ridden so slow and had more fun in his life. I recommend being on the trails early, about 7-8 am to get the best of the cooler temps. High altitude riding at Thunder Mountain/Casto Canyon/Bryce area will also be available if you want some cooler temps late in the day and more amazing sights. Just ride early and relax late in the day. Also I can connect you with some great affordable accommodations and point you in the right direction for a fantastic trip, just click on the link below.

mtbr member
    We just got back from a 4 day weekend trip and while the temps reached 97 at our rental home down near the Boy Scout Trails, the temps up on the mesa's when we started out at 9:30 am were in the low 70's. There wasn't a single day that anybody complained about the heat. Keep in mind that we rode Guacamole, Gooseberry and Little Creek Mesa three of the four days.
    Carpe Diem!!