St. George, Hurrican/Virgin are has the snow cleared wanting to ride this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2008

St. George, Hurrican/Virgin are has the snow cleared wanting to ride this weekend

I really want to ride this weekend so I am thinking about heading south for the weekend, but was wondering if the area has thawed out from the snow they had a couple of weeks ago. I mainly want to know about the roads out to Gooseberry, mesa and up to Guacamole. If those roads are still quicksand than what all weather alternatives are their in the area or over in St. George (I have ridden Bear Claw poppy, and Zen).

Jim

mtbr member
    I would also love to know the answer to this.

NMBP
    According to Over the Edge on Facebook, Guacamole is good, St George area is good except Bear Claw Poppy. Also Church Rocks and Prospector is good. Little Creek is under snow. Road to Goose is iffy. Stay off of JEM,Goulds, and the Hurricane Rim.
    Riding Fat and still just as fast as I never was.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    We decided to head down early next week with the hope that the road to Gooseberry will dry out more. I figure worst case scenario I can at least ride Guacamole, and then head out to Santa Clara. My fear is I will make it out to Gooseberry in in the cold morning and then it will warm up and turn to quicksand (I am actually tempted to tow my jeep down as I could winch my self out if I got stuck, where as my wife's Durango is so stinking heavy it would be tough to get unstuck).

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Guacamole is fine. Little Creek is a big fat no. Jem is definitely out. Prospector and Church Rocks are similar to Jem if that is what you are looking for. Please stay off Jem until it is very dry. Please.

I have heard that people are making it up to Goose just fine. If you can get up there everything should be rideable except Hidden Canyon; it always stays soggy a long time. I am planning on riding up at Gooseberry on Monday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkinite View Post
    Guacamole is fine. Little Creek is a big fat no. Jem is definitely out. Prospector and Church Rocks are similar to Jem if that is what you are looking for. Please stay off Jem until it is very dry. Please.

I have heard that people are making it up to Goose just fine. If you can get up there everything should be rideable except Hidden Canyon; it always stays soggy a long time. I am planning on riding up at Gooseberry on Monday.
    I am heading up their in the morning as well and will probably go out their on Tues or Wends as well. If you see a big guy in a white dodge durango riding a red and black bike say Hi you cant miss me I look like a bear riding a toy bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The road into Gooseberry was in great shape and the weather was perfect today. JP, it was good to meet you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkinite View Post
    The road into Gooseberry was in great shape and the weather was perfect today. JP, it was good to meet you.
    So, in terms of the trail itself (Gooseberry), any snow at all? General conditions? Thinking of hitting it tomorrow...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    The trail is fine. I haven't been on Hidden Canyon yet because it usually stays pretty muddy for a long time. Everything else (north rim, south rim, yellow trail, bowls and ledges, and windmill) are good to go.