St. George on Fri/Sat Jun 3/4- Mtbr.com
    Ride what you want!!

St. George on Fri/Sat Jun 3/4

Four of us from NorCal will be in Hurricane on Friday. We're planning on riding the Hurricane Rim Trail (complete loop) on Friday and Gooseberry on Saturday...... Vegas on Sunday.

We're looking at starting our ride at 8am.

Question...

Where is the best spot to start the loop... I'm assuming clockwise. But do you start with Hurrcane Rim or Gould's Rim?

Anyone want to meet up with us and play ride leader?

george
    Trogs: Too Tough for Carbon Fiber

Ride what you want!!
    Or should we go counter clock wise?

george

Brass Nipples!
    I'd start at the cell towers on highway 59 just above Hurricane then ride counterclockwise. You descend down the road from the parking area back towards Hurricane for about a tenth of a mile, then turn left and climb the steep dirt road up and over the first crest. After the first summit, enjoy the brief downhill on the road, then look for the singletrack taking off on your right as the road starts to climb again. That's the Gould's Rim Trail.

You'll wind your way up the singletrack then back on a jeep road for a short bit until you rejoin singletrack at the corrall that sits at the base of the bluff. Go straight towards the bluff to the right of the corrall, then counterclockwise around the bluff until you reach the highway. Cross that, go North on the dirt road (towards the skyline of Zion NP) and the JEM trail will take off downhill to your left soon after the parking area. After that the trail is pretty well marked. After the fun JEM descent, you can go directly to your left and the Hurricane Rim, or you can go straight to add the old JEM section along the Virgin River which I think is one of the most memorable parts of the trail. That out and back will add another 3 miles or so.

Start early and take plenty of fluids. I'll be out of town for my son's basketball tournament, or I'd love to go.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    Anyone want to meet up with us and play ride leader?
    I'm not sure you want me as your ride leader, you know the blind leading the blind, but I'd be up for Gooseberry on Saturday. I sent you a PM with my contact info.

Removed at birth
    Looks like I'll be camping with the wife and kids, but if that falls thru for any reason, I'll join you suckas for Goose on Saturday.

El Chingon
    Peace out! War In!

Ride what you want!!
    Hey guys, thanks for the ride. I've got my pictures up on Trogspace . For some reason, I've been craving green jello ever since Saturdays ride.

I had a blast.

george

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by george_da_trog
    For some reason, I've been craving green jello ever since Saturdays ride.
    Ha! Glad to hear you guys made it back in one piece. Thanks for the awesome write up and pics.

Team Sanchez
    George,

That was a great ride. Let us know when you'll be out in our hood again. Great pics!

Ben