St George delimma- Mtbr.com
    Moose Member

St George delimma

Hey, so I'm visiting my grandparents in st George tomorrow for thanks giving and can bring one bike...

Either a giant faith (old 8" model) or a slopestyle felt compulsion (zink hooked me up)

I'll be down by the Lins grocery store if you know where that is, and that small skatepark (not the big one by mini golf)

I'm pretty comfy on both bikes, hit 10 foot drops on both, but the compulsion limits me to smooth stuff.

Is there any riding in that area or in the st George city limits? If there's good Dh I'm all for the DH bike, but if there's some DJs I'd lean towards the compulsion...

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks for the help.

I'd rather be biking...
    We usually try to keep STG a drama free zone. Unless your going to head out to virgin there is no reason to drag the hog down here. Bring the felt, play at the skatepark, perhaps go to the Hurricane DJ's or do some laps on the santa clara reserve trails. If your super smooth then try barrel ride and land everything perfect.

Moose Member
    thanks. Im headed down that way in a few hours. Ill get to ride a lot after thanksgiving lunch, UT vs A&M, so my family will be glued to the TV.

biking is fun
    I thought you were going to be hitting up the redbull site to hit your first 20 foot drop? if so take the faith

If you are stuck in st george then take the Felt. Mostly smooth and fast or slow and techy trails around there. Nothing you need a DH bike for. If you can make it out to virgin area then take the Faith. You could ride the old redbull site, Grafton mesa, and then when you get back into st george you could check out Barrel roll, icebox (or is it icehouse?), and even bear claw poppy.

So I guess it comes down to whether you have a person willing to shuttle you or not. In general, you would have more fun in st george on the faith doing what I described above on it. Lots of fun DH mixed with plenty of drops/jumps

Moose Member
    My parents promise to take me to virgin, then the day before say no. I brought the felt. I found some small jumps right by where I'm staying, and it's pretty fun. I'm trying to get them to take me to pizza hut.
    Last edited by Moosey; 11-26-2011 at 08:53 PM.

NOT Team Sanchez
    I just saw this thread.....sorry I missed ya, senior capstone project is eating me alive, but I did try a few months back to help you out.
    I like bikes.

Moose Member
    Yea i forgot about that a few months ago. I forget stuff really easy. Hopefully I'll get back up here with a solid 7" travel rig and we can hit this stuff. Thanks for all the help man.

I did hit Bearclaw Poppy today. Epic.

NOT Team Sanchez
    My cousins rode Bear Claw today while my dad and a friend rode sand bikes out at Sand Mt. They said a helicopter landed literally on Clavicle Hill to remove an injured rider, crazy! The BCP is a lot of fun for sure, and yes, next time you can give the other local greats a try.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04 View Post
    My cousins rode Bear Claw today while my dad and a friend rode sand bikes out at Sand Mt. They said a helicopter landed literally on Clavicle Hill to remove an injured rider, crazy! The BCP is a lot of fun for sure, and yes, next time you can give the other local greats a try.

Ya, saw the remainder of that group on Gooseberry. I overheard them talking about the extent of the injuries and it sounds like a chopper was not needed but rather an over reaction to the situation.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Moose Member
    was the rider a little kid? I saw a missive group stopped because apparently little kid went down hard. It was on clavicle hill to, i think. It was one of the fun steep parts in the middle.