St George Conditions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

St George Conditions

Supposed to be heading down to St George on Thurs to ride thru the weekend. Have you had a lot of rain?? What are the trail/access road conditions? Thanks.

mtbr member
    What trails did you want to ride? Today was pretty dry but it's expected to have more wet before Thursday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We're suppost to have rain on and off all week with it clearing on the weekend. Should probably be ok. The trails so far this year have been pretty resiliant from the rain we've had over the past couple weeks. If we do get some more rain plan on sticking to the more rocky trails, stay away from BearClaw Poppy and I've heard the Jem trail gets pretty mucky when it rains. I've rode Church Rocks, Zen Trail, and Paradise Canyon the day after some pretty hard rain and they tend to recover very quickly. Goose is pretty good after rain but the road getting to it turns into a bog.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by helibird
    We're suppost to have rain on and off all week with it clearing on the weekend. Should probably be ok. The trails so far this year have been pretty resiliant from the rain we've had over the past couple weeks. If we do get some more rain plan on sticking to the more rocky trails, stay away from BearClaw Poppy and I've heard the Jem trail gets pretty mucky when it rains. I've rode Church Rocks, Zen Trail, and Paradise Canyon the day after some pretty hard rain and they tend to recover very quickly. Goose is pretty good after rain but the road getting to it turns into a bog.
    Good advice. Goulds and JEM are not good when wet.

The road into Little Creek is a better "all weather" one than Gooseberry so might think about LC and an alternative to the Goose

Barrel Roll and Sidewider seem to be good when wet and the Rim-Runner/Reaper/Rambler system is good as well.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    rained like a banshee last night but everything looks to be drying good. Will be fine as long as we don't get hammered again. I'm sure Bear Claw is still too soft but everything else is probably good.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by helibird
    rained like a banshee last night but everything looks to be drying good. Will be fine as long as we don't get hammered again. I'm sure Bear Claw is still too soft but everything else is probably good.

Rained Thrsday night and is still drzzling.

Road to Goose was passable yesterday... today I wouldn't do it in anything but a high clearance 4X4 and then it's going to FUBAR the road.

JEM was muddy in a couple of spots yesterday... today it will be muddy in a lot of spots and trail damage will result.. Ditto Goulds RIM, do everyone a fav and skip them.

Prospector to Church Rocks was fun yesterday and will be today as well. Going to go out and give the Barrel Roll a shot today sice Gooseberry isn't an option. I'll post up conditions.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

Members who have read this thread: 0