St. George Buzz Photo.... Where?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

St. George Buzz Photo.... Where?

I just got my Sept/Oct issue of Bike and there's a really cool shot in the Buzz section by Sterling Lorence of Matt Hunter and Thomas Vanderham railing a narrow slot canyon between too fins in St. George area somewhere. (Page 44-45)

Does anyone know where they are? Or anything else about this photo shoot?
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

I'd rather be biking...
    Im 99% sure its church rocks and by the looks of it its not a trail, I'm not aware of it and by the looks of it its just a short section to hike up and ride down for a good photo op. Sterling posted a picture oh maybe 6 months prior in Bike of someone riding down the actual church rocks along with a shot of two people riding down the hurricane fault line near coral canyon. No trail just a sick looking shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails St. George Buzz Photo.... Where?-mag.jpg  

I'd rather be biking...
    Took me a minute to find the mag but it was last years photo annual 09' so much for 6 months ago more like a year....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails St. George Buzz Photo.... Where?-mag2.jpg  

St. George Buzz Photo.... Where?-mag3.jpg  

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton
    Very nice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Chruch Rocks.

It's Church Rock. I think i've done the slickrock line to his left. It's a little hard to find but it connects the upper part to the lower part. He probably hiked the slot or maybe somehow combined the two.
    The second picture, i'm guessing is an off the trail route somewhere near or on the Zen trail.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Those pics are sick! There's so much riding around here that I'll never do .

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Holy Shyat! Nice pics! How steep do think that wall rock ride is?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbster15
    Im 99% sure its church rocks and by the looks of it its not a trail, I'm not aware of it and by the looks of it its just a short section to hike up and ride down for a good photo op. Sterling posted a picture oh maybe 6 months prior in Bike of someone riding down the actual church rocks along with a shot of two people riding down the hurricane fault line near coral canyon. No trail just a sick looking shot.
    Yeah, I was thinking Church Rocks area as well. I wondered if maybe it wasn't just a short section snagged for a cool looking shot rather than an actual trail.

I remember that shot from last year too and wondered where it was. It looked like Snow Canyon or some of those slabs across the highway from Snow Canyon as you climb out of St. George heading towards Veyo and Enterprise.
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gnriden
    It's Church Rock. I think i've done the slickrock line to his left. It's a little hard to find but it connects the upper part to the lower part. He probably hiked the slot or maybe somehow combined the two.
    The second picture, i'm guessing is an off the trail route somewhere near or on the Zen trail.
    The word I got was that shot is near a legal riding area but is staged. It's a climbing access trail off the main MTB trail so it's not part of a biking trail per say. They probably hiked up it and then rode down for the shot.

Members who have read this thread: 0