st george 50 this weekend- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

st george 50 this weekend

50 degrees....will there be mud?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Yes

Be prepared to turn back if you encounter mud. If it's sticking to your wheels, your ruining the trail.
    Also if its frozen when you head out, then thaws. It will get Extremly sloppy on the way back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Considering

That SG has had so so so so so much rain and very cold temps it is going to take more like a week in the 50's to dry things out to anything near rideable. I think this is a perfect oppertunity for you to check out some of the great road riding in the area. I understand you want to ride the dirt but even the trails that shed water the best in my opinion will simply need more time and warm days. There is good road riding in SG too. Check it out.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I had a friend who tried to ride church rocks yesterday and it was still too muddy/wet. considering that it is usually one of the fastest drying trails I imagine it will be easily a week till everything dries. I still have piles of snow in part of the yard which is still shaded from a week ago!

mtbr member
    Overnight temps are still below freezing so ride early and be off the trail by 9-9:30 latest.
    I have got 3 solid rides in this week by starting at 7 and suffering the cold.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Like CGR has said, be off the trails before they thaw, around 9 AM, and you can do about any trail you want right now.
    I like bikes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

01/07/11

Still very soft and muddy!

ito
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Trail report from 1/6/11
    Church Rocks and Paradise Rim both very muddy right now. Went for a run on Paradise at 8am, lots of people riding/hiking it in the afternoon and it is in pretty bad shape, even when frozen over, plenty of ankle turners. We tried doing Church Rocks from Cottonwood Canyon. It was fine for the first mile or so, then it turned into a mudbog. Went climbing at Black Rocks instead.

NOT Team Sanchez
    Here's the scoop y'all: If we continue to have good weather I predict that CR and Para will be good to go by about Tues/Wed; anything else will need more time. In fact, we need to get out and ride CR and Para while they're still "malleable" so as to reduce the ruts. Next week, conditions pending of course, let's all go get our shred on and revive these two great trails!!
    I like bikes.

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by wasea04
    Here's the scoop y'all: If we continue to have good weather I predict that CR and Para will be good to go by about Tues/Wed; anything else will need more time. In fact, we need to get out and ride CR and Para while they're still "malleable" so as to reduce the ruts. Next week, conditions pending of course, let's all go get our shred on and revive these two great trails!!
    Al, I'll most likely be down riding this weekend. I'll give a shout when it is confirmed.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Members who have read this thread: 0