Squaw Peak (upper portion only) Video- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Squaw Peak (upper portion only) Video

Just another quick edit of a quick ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tjdlegend1
    Just another quick edit of a quick ride.

Nice. Care to divulge info about trails in that area? Squaw peak is above provo...no?

Also, how much better does the full res version of the video look before you compress to send to vimeo?

thx

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The video quality is much better. I don't know how to explain the difference exactly, but it is a big difference.

I am going to try and find a different software to edit my videos other than just using windows movie maker. Something that I can fine tune the fps, etc. I can't figure out how to change the settings to make it upload on vimeo, so I have just been compressing the files until they will load onto vimeo, through trial and error mostly.

Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The video quality is much better. I don't know how to explain the difference exactly, but it is a big difference.

I am going to try and find a different software to edit my videos other than just using windows movie maker. Something that I can fine tune the fps, etc. I can't figure out how to change the settings to make it upload on vimeo, so I have just been compressing the files until they will load onto vimeo, through trial and error mostly.

Any suggestions?
    I don't know much about it, but I think all the video sharing sites require that you compress it...as otherwise they would run out of storage space. The only times I have seen full res video, people have hosted the file somewhere and you have to download the whole movie and play it on your PC instead of watching it in a browser. But again, I am not a real expert on it, don't have a vid-camera.

thanks again

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

slcpunk,
    Check out this video. It is as close to the original that movie maker will allow.
    open both of the videos of the squaw peak trail in seperate windows side-by-side.
    Here is the first one with the audio added
    The best image comparison that I have found is at 1:48.
    If you get a moment to check them out, tell me what you think.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

slcpunk,
    Check out this video. It is as close to the original that movie maker will allow.
    open both of the videos of the squaw peak trail in seperate windows side-by-side.
    Here is the first one with the audio added
    The best image comparison that I have found is at 1:48.
    If you get a moment to check them out, tell me what you think.

I'll be honest, I couldn't see much difference between the two! Even side by side, they looked about the same to me.

Just to be sure, I compared
    ( original )
    with
    ( new )

sorry

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Yes you compared the new and old.

Not a huge difference really, but its there.
    Looks better on my local machine (not uploaded to vimeo).

Thanks for the reply.

Members who have read this thread: 0