Squaw DH and Jumps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Squaw DH and Jumps

Just wanted to get a feel for what the Squaw DH ride is like this early in the year? My crew and I are going to hit it tomorrow (Wednesday) about 4:00pm. Few quick questions for anyone that has been riding it lately:

How far up are you able to drop off shuttling it right now?
    Did anyone build up the north shore stuff again? Last season it was ok, but seemed like a lot of it has gotten torn down by park rangers. I also noticed some new/potential little gaps up in that area that could be really fun last year, any new stuff?
    How is the jump park at the bottom looking these days? Are the four doubles toward the bottom any good still?

I'll try and take some picture and post them soon after the ride if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    The jumps at the bottom have been totally rebuilt, most of the work done with a bobcat. They are bigger and steeper, and alot of fun. They are more geared toward hardtails but they are still fun on full suspension bikes. As for the DH trail. It is dry and rideable all the way up, but the gate is still closed.. I pedaled up from the gate yesterday and it didn't take to long... I don't think the gate will open until memorial day..

oh yeah there is also a new drop built down by the jumps. 15-20 feet depending on how big you go. Lots of run out...

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks again man,

Check your PM's and let's get our crew's together and hit it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Going to hit the jumps and drop at the bottom of the trail today at about 6:30pm if anyone is interested. Hope to see some of the locals there today.

Members who have read this thread: 0