Spring Break!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Spring Break!

mtbr member

Spring Break!

Hello all! My girlfriend and I are coming to St George for spring break the 28th-1st. I have done all the prerequisite legwork and found several trails we would like to ride and some ideas on camping spots. However, I was just wondering if there were any locals who would be willing to play tour guide on Little Creek Mesa or any of the other numerous trials in the area? I hear Little Creek is a great ride but very easy to get lost on if you don’t have a guide or know the trail. We are pretty flexible as far as what trail on what day. We willl even provide the post ride refreshments!
    Everytime that wheel turn round
    bound to cover just a little more ground!

Chris Bling

little creek is fun...

hey man whats up, glad to hear you want to enjoy a little southern utah action. i dont work that weekend, so i'd love to go out there with you guys. i am sure i can round up a few other guys to come along too. just let me know when you will be pulling into town, and we'll figure the rest out when you get here.

see you then

dusty
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Dusty, I sent ya a PM.

I railed it like Kong
    Let's ride it on the 31st so i can go too.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw1
    Dusty, I sent ya a PM.
    Better look out Jack Dusty tried to steal the last guys girl with the same casual charm he has exibited here.

mtbr member

have fund down there...

and don't forget to do the whole Hurricane and Jem Loop! There is this flowy section on GM that is just about heaven (a lot like Chickadee but lasting for about 10 minutes or so)...

mtbr member
    If I got concerned whenever some one wanted to steal my mtngirl I would be a wreck!

Hurricane - JEM is for sure on the short list! I love how chickadee flows, it amazes me every time I ride it how smooth and flowy it is, to bad it isn't longer! With all the people who hike it I can get myself in trouble if I don't keep my speed in check. A longer version of that sounds great! Gary what was your favorite trail down in St George?

We are game to ride Little Creek on the 31st if anyone else is! We will arrive in the afternoon on the 28th and be looking for a good camping spot. Once that is done we hope to get a little evening spin in!

mtbr member
    woot woot! i can't wait for this trip. there will be no girlfriend swappin', isn't that a little racy for the beehive state?

c'mon march 28th....can't get here soon enough!
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

mtbr member
    RRB and I always hit Gooseberry and spend a whole day there (we bring a cooler and some lunch). We typically ride that with Lua, then hit it with the SS, eat lunch, then hit it with the 575’s… Then there is a loop right outside Zion called “Swamp” or something to that effect that is also pretty fun… Jem (or is it Gem?) and Hurricane Loop is a long loop (I remember easily 20+ miles). Bring plenty of water for this ride… The swoopy section of Jem seriously lasts a long time. It feels like you’re coasting all the way and the turns are perfectly radiused, sometimes bermed so you carry all your speed… However, it definitely is not as technical as Goose… Unfortunately, we have not tried Little Mesa yet since I keep hearing different things about the status of the trail…

mtbr member
    We figured we would take a pickinicka and spend a day up on Gooseberry Mesa!

"swamp something"....... maybe slickrock swamp? That's one that I have some interest in riding, but you know there is only so many days we can stay. I think we have a list of at least half a dozen trails or more that we would like to do. We will only have 3-3.5 days to play so I'm sure we will be itching to go back as soon as we leave!

Little Mesa sounds great and as far as I can tell its status is open! Or at least I am hoping it is! Have you ridden Broken Mesa Rim?

mtbr member
    yes, that's what the trail is called... we haven't done broken mesa rim unfortunately. on our next trip, i think we'll try little mesa instead of the slickrock swamp... the best thing about the swamp is the view of Virgin and of Zion.

I railed it like Kong
    Broken Mesa is a fun ride. I would pick little creek and goose over that one if it comes down to time. Jem is incredible, Slickrock Swamp yes. Maybe one day would be Church rocks in the morning and Broken Mesa in the afternoon since they are pretty close to each other.

mtbr member
    Church Rocks sounds good! I like the idea of keeping rides close together so we don’t spend/waste much time driving from one ride to the next. I think the plan is to spend Thursday playing around up at Gooseberry, if we get bored we may try another ride but somehow I bet we can spend a whole day or more there. Friday I was thinking maybe JEM and a hike in Zion. It looks like Saturday may be the best day for us to do Little Creek Mesa. I am hoping someone will still be willing to play tour guide on that day. I would like to do a night ride while we are in town any rides you guys can recommend that are a no brainer at night? I would hate to get lost! I sure am getting excited to get out of town and ride the bike somewhere new!

Chris Bling

hey yall, count me in

it just so happens that it do not work next weekend, so if you care, i would love to tag along with you guys if you are heading out to little creek on saturday. its been a few months since i have been out there.

dusty

ps, about the whole girfriend stealing thing, it didnt work
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    We would like to ride it Saturday but I am not sure I want to strike out on it with out someone who has ridden it before. So if we can meet up with you or someone we are game. Once we leave town Tuesday evening I will not be online to check meeting times and what not. I am glad to be disconnecting from all things electronic, if only for a few days. Oh the simple life: wake, eat, ride, eat, sleep, and repeat!

I railed it like Kong
    If you want to get all the rides in i would do it this way.
    Thursday: Goose and Jem (they are next to eachother)
    Friday: Church Rocks and Broken Mesa (this does eliminate the hike in Zion though)
    Saturday: Little Creek (add hike to this day)

Night rides would be good on Paradise or Bearclaw/Poppy any night of the week. Maybe even the first night your in town.
    Last edited by Arkon; 03-22-2007 at 01:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Looks like a pretty good schedule. Wed. night I might try to do Bearclaw/Poppy with the light and see how fun that is! I am hoping Saturday is a go for Little Creek!

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw1
    We would like to ride it Saturday but I am not sure I want to strike out on it with out someone who has ridden it before. So if we can meet up with you or someone we are game. Once we leave town Tuesday evening I will not be online to check meeting times and what not. I am glad to be disconnecting from all things electronic, if only for a few days. Oh the simple life: wake, eat, ride, eat, sleep, and repeat!

great, call me at work when you get into town and we can plan out the ride. i have done littlecreek once, but i am sure i can round up someone else so be our guide. the shop number is

dusty
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Will do! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22
    great, call me at work when you get into town and we can plan out the ride. i have done littlecreek once, but i am sure i can round up someone else so be our guide. the shop number is

dusty

RHRF!

St. George GPS Data

Sorry for the late post but here are the GPS stats from our St. George trip two weeks ago...

Turtle Wall - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2227490

The 'Goose' - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2227491

Hurricane/Goulds/JEM - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2227493

Bear Claw/Green Valley - http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/2227492
    "The secret of joy is the mastery of pain." (Anaïs Nin)

mtbr member
    115 minutes and counting!! I'm about to burst with anticipation.

Members who have read this thread: 0