Southern Utah Riders Out There?!!- Mtbr.com

Feb 2005

Southern Utah Riders Out There?!!

I live in St. George area, mid-forties, and am looking for intermediate riders to ride with mostly weekends and some mondays. DH, xc with dh, some road ....just wanna ride and have fun. I have a season pass to Brian Head MTB Park. Would like to do shuttles up that way. I like to go fast and am not a hammerer.

Feb 2005

alot of views .....what up...

alot of views and no replies. what are you afraid of!!??? I ride with people 20 + years younger than me. What's up with you-ta? I had alot of rider friends back east where there are rocks, roots, bears and dedicated night riders.

mtbr member

Here we are!

Quote Originally Posted by joyridergirl
    alot of views and no replies. what are you afraid of!!??? I ride with people 20 + years younger than me. What's up with you-ta? I had alot of rider friends back east where there are rocks, roots, bears and dedicated night riders.
    I belong to a riding club in the Hurricane area, we call ourselves "Team OTB" Were not a real racing team or anything other than a loosly formed club. We ride almost every Saturday and rarely miss. We meet at Chums in Hurricane usually at 6:30 or 7:00 AM. The riders are of all kinds of disciplines, some like DH and some of us are a little more XC. Overall we do a lot of technical riding and some freeriding. We get about 20 riders on some rides but most of the time we have about 5-10. I'm 44 and my wife is 40 and there are 2 or 3 other ladies that ride with us. I have some boys that often come along on most of the rides but I would guess most of the riders are between 20 and 40. We have a great time, more fun than should be allowed!

We prefer Goosberry Mesa, Little Creek South, Little Creek North, Guacamole Trail, Rockville Bench, JEM, Grafton Mesa, Flying Monkey, Nephi's Twist, and of course anything in Brianhead. I can guarantee you will always have someone to ride with with our team, someone is always going out.

Feel free to contact me or our shop at 435-635-7328 or email [email protected]

Here are a few random pics from a few of our rides, Little Creek and Guacamole. This is a typical group size, although we occasionally get 2-3 times this many.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feb 2005

Yes...this is what I'm talkin' about!

Thanks for the info and pictures about your group and rides. I appreciate it alot. I just love to ride and explore the beauty that is UTAH. I'll be up at Brian Head Aug 20-21. I'll look you up in the next few weeks to ride. Thanks again.
    Beth Joy Ridergirl 435-986-1912

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info and pictures about your group and rides. I appreciate it alot. I just love to ride and explore the beauty that is UTAH. I'll be up at Brian Head Aug 20-21. I'll look you up in the next few weeks to ride. Thanks again.
    Beth Joy Ridergirl 435-986-1912
    I know some of the crew are heading up to Brianhead tomorrow (August 13) and a few of us are riding Guacamole tomorrow sometime. The Guac is an 8 mile out and back with a loop thrown in along the borders of Zion that is absolutly breathtaking. Similar to Goosberry. Looking forward to riding with you sometime.

Here some pics taken by CrashtheDog of Guacamole.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Sanchez
    I ride with team OTB occassionally, and they are a fun group to ride with. Most of the riding I do during the middle of the week is here in the St. George area. We ride the BArrel trail every Wednesday morning at 6:30am, and usually hit a road ride or two also. Then on weekends, we're up at Brianhead, or Gooseberry, Grafton Mesa, Little Creek ect. Most of the guys I ride with are in their mid-30's to early 40's. (435)674-1437.

Feb 2005

Appreciate the invites....

thanks for the riding invitations and I look forward to riding with you soon. I also like to do trail building and maintainence so if you need assistance......let me know. I work Tuesday thru Friday afternoon so I'll catch up with you soon.
    thanks again for replyin', there ain't no denyin', we all love the hardcore utah ridin'. Word.

mtbr member

This Saturday

thanks for the riding invitations and I look forward to riding with you soon. I also like to do trail building and maintainence so if you need assistance......let me know. I work Tuesday thru Friday afternoon so I'll catch up with you soon.
    thanks again for replyin', there ain't no denyin', we all love the hardcore utah ridin'. Word.
    This Saturday, we are meeting at Chums in Hurricane between 6:30 and 7:00. Pulling out at 7:00AM to ride Little Creek, Goosberry or Guacamole. Probably more of a pedaling ride than DH or FR. We don't go to fast and usually stay under the alloted miles.:-)

Doug

Feb 2005

Thanks....

I'll see how my week wraps up. Rode 2 days at Brian Head last weekend...loved Dark Hollow. Missed all the rain and hail there. Thanks for the invite. Where is Chums?

mtbr member
    I'll see how my week wraps up. Rode 2 days at Brian Head last weekend...loved Dark Hollow. Missed all the rain and hail there. Thanks for the invite. Where is Chums?
    Chums is at:
    101 South Main
    Hurricane, UT 84737

Turn right at the light like you are going to the Grand Canyon, Hwy 59 and go one block and Chums is the big building on the South East corner of the intersection. We should be there around 6:45-7:00 or so. We try to pull out at 7:00Am

We are riding Little Creek North. The Slickrock loop.

It should be a nice ride.

Anyone else who reads this is welcome to join us also.

Feb 2005

Cool-blue Rhythm sorry....

sorry I missed you today. my lame excuse...I couldn't wake up! when work lets up, i wlll be more available to meet up with your group. please keep me in the loop. enjoy the rest of your weekend. beth

I railed it like Kong
    I just moved to Hurricane and will hook up with your group soon too, if the invite is still open. I rode gooseberry for the first time saturday with El Chingon and company. Very different from anything i've been on. Also is anyone going to brianhead this weekend? I'll be there satuday the 3rd and would love a guide.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

Feb 2005

Sellin' my DH Rig....

GT DHi ...Mint Condition
    Frame: Year 2001 6061 aluminum with 9 inches of travel. Adjustable travel and chassis attitude. Frame Size: Small.Fork: Year 2002 Marzocchi Junior T (170 mm travel). Dual hydraulic cartridges with rebound and compression adjustment (7" travel). Manual included. Cranks: Shimano XTR with Shimano XC Platform Pedals.
    MRP Custom chain device and Hadley (rear) thru axle) hub.
    Rear Shock: Fox Vanilla Coil Over DHi specific with rebound and compression adjustment.Drivetrain: Shimano XT and XTR 9-speed.
    Brakes: Hayes Hydraulic 6 inch rotor in front 8 inch rotor in rear.
    Tires: Maxxis 2.5 Highroller on front and Maxxis 2.5 Mobster on rear.
    Raceface Seatpost & Oury grips.
    My GT Dhi has been ridden less than 50 miles. It’s a proven winner and is similar to the bike Steve Peat rode on to win the World Cup and allot of UK races. The DHi is versatile ... great on wide open tracks as well as twisty and tight trails. i-drive suspension and drive train work in sync to provide you with more control and less fatigue. Easy to maintain. Sad to let it go, too much bike for this girl.
    Asking $2200. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. Have a look, go for a ride & we’ll talk more.Want to sell locally. 435-986-1912 (please, leave message)

mtbr member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rkonindustry
    I just moved to Hurricane and will hook up with your group soon too, if the invite is still open. I rode gooseberry for the first time saturday with El Chingon and company. Very different from anything i've been on. Also is anyone going to brianhead this weekend? I'll be there satuday the 3rd and would love a guide.
    Yeah, the invitation is always open. We usually meet at Chums in Hurricane on Saturdays, 7:00AM. THis Saturday I think we may be in Brian Head, but there are no solid plans as of yet as to when and where. Hope to ride with you in the near future. Glad you met El Chingon, we ride together when we can, he is a great rider. Stay in touch. You can email me at [email protected]

Cheers