This sounds stolen...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

This sounds stolen...

I have been looking for a used Demo 7. Just came across this ad on CL that screams stolen. It lists it as a "Specialized Demo" when it is actually a Big Hit.

And the description sounds suspect. As somebody who recently had a bike stolen I figured I would post this. Assuming it was stolen elsewhere and brought to the SLC area but doesn't hurt to give a heads up...especially if you are in the SLC area considering buying it.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/1993576806.html
    Yield to downhill

Fragglepuss The Chaste

Sounds plural

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida
    I have been looking for a used Demo 7. Just came across this ad on CL that screams stolen. It lists it as a "Specialized Demo" when it is actually a Big Hit.

And the description sounds suspect. As somebody who recently had a bike stolen I figured I would post this. Assuming it was stolen elsewhere and brought to the SLC area but doesn't hurt to give a heads up...especially if you are in the SLC area considering buying it.

http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/1993576806.html
    I used to consider my bike owned by 'we' like the Craigslist seller linked above. Then I went to a psychiatrist and 'we' turned to 'him', singular. So although 'he' is on the right track, 'we' would be worried about a bike that became a victim of 'their' little sister and a pack of Aztec stickers.

Having said all that, I would be worried about dealing with 'them.'

Members who have read this thread: 0