Soo....- Mtbr.com

Thread: Soo....

mtbr member

Soo....

We've had a great fall season here, i mean heck, i was riding the crest day before thanksgiving, and riding the temple quarry trail all the way to the top last week. But, now that winter has settled in her frigid ice and snow into our trails, how many of you ride in the snow? And where are you doing it. I rode cc last sat during the snow storm and saw no signs of bikes, then went again yesterday morning and saw a few tracks. SO I know some of us are doing it, but when and where...Just interested to know...Also do you change your setup, or just ride your regular rig and treads?

...a wiggle theres a way
    im interested in this too... i have a couple friends that ride in the snow more specific ice and he changes over to a 'studded' tire says he has a blast so im going to try it as well....

damn i can't believe you were riding a bike in the snowstorm last week that was some crazy snowfall, perhaps it would have been better to ride than to drive to work
    haha

joe

mtbr member

Yeah

snow storms like that are a blast to get out in- you can ride if its around 3-4 " of snow, anything more than that and your outta luck, let most of the tire pressure out, lean back , and pedal hard. Some of the most beautiful scenic rides ive ever been on have been in the winter usually at night in the snow. Everythings so quiet and pure... Still....Id rather take a spring morning on single track, but hey its utah

mtbr member
    I was out there on a different section of corner canyon on Sat am in the storm (thanks for the call). I was surprised to see a few tracks in the snow last night....but I think some of them were my tracks from the two snow rides I did last week(end). I was also surprised how much of the snow has melted....it was deep up there Sat.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You guys aren't getting my hopes up for a ride during my weekend visit. I'm still on dirt up here. Although the rain is going like crazy. But the decomposed granite makes for good riding, even when wet ;-)

Members who have read this thread: 0