some SLC foothill DH- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

some SLC foothill DH

Some tech DH stuff above the BST, super fun, not sure if anyone has ever ridden this??...Really fun line at 4:03 and that whole cliff area has lots of potential for gnar lines

The top starts out with a long tech rock garden section then the trail opens up with some fast single track in the middle and then finishes with a committing line

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=21215708&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=1&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=0&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=21215708&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=1&amp;color=00ADEF&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=0&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/21215708">DH SLC</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user5825839">DMAR</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Last edited by dmar123; 03-19-2011 at 09:50 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Everyday when I am driving to school I have been scouting out some lines but have not had the time to try any yet, but looks like some good potential, thanks for sharing

mtbr member
    Looks like a lot of fun. I'm assuming there was a lot of hiking involved to get to the top, correct?

mtbr member
    Nice! We call it Wayne's World. There is a name for that last move as well, but I always forget. Then you hit the cement hip as well! Excellent.

mtbr member
    I believe the move at 4:03 is just a bit more to the right of the actual trail and we called it the Gash. I broke my hand on that one about a dozen years ago. Back then we were on hard tails or 3" travel bikes with 71 degree head angles. Every move was sketchy on a XC bike. Krispy and I will have to get some vid of another similar area we call "Panty Dropper". Not quite as techy, but lots of speed and massive vert loss in a very short time. What's nice about the PD trail is you can actually ride to it, however it's a brutal climb on just about any bike.
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    thanks for the info...An old xc bike on that stuff would be on the edge for sure!!

yeah lots of hiking...it was more of an adventure, been itching to get out on the bike

after 4:03 the setup to left turn and ride down the rock shelf is intimidating cause theres a huge cliff next to you...hiked up there the day before checking it out to see if it would go. There are a couple other variations just above the 4:03 entrance one including a 4 foot drop, you would have to be able to shut it down quick to make the turn...There are a couple of other crazy lines over there that are a bit over my head, but doable...seems like a fun little playground to test you skills

The trail has some potential, not sure if it would be worth polishing it up or if it just needs to be ridden more...but it would probably draw a lot of attention given its location and get shut down??...time summer hits full swing there will be better stuff anyways

"Party on Wayne"
    Last edited by dmar123; 03-19-2011 at 10:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I've never ridden that trail, but have hiked it many times. I'm for sure taking my bike up there on my next ride after I get back from moab (29er rigid SS, so we'll see how it goes). The gully to the west of that ridge would also make for some potentially awesome flowy singletrack, once some of the trees are trimmed and cleared. Perhaps we should develop the area further...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    well since there was a faint existing trail I thought it was good to go...Im not in the camp of developing anything new unless approved by the "authorities"...By the way is this trail and others along the foothill ridges considered legal to ride?

thanks

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by V-Dub
    Nice! We call it Wayne's World. There is a name for that last move as well, but I always forget. Then you hit the cement hip as well! Excellent.
    Where is 'Wayne's World' in relation to 'Terror Ridge' -I believe that is what Krispy called it? 'Terror Ridge' was fun, albeit a bit of a PITA to get to and it didn't last as long as this 'Wayne's World' section, plus it was getting dark, I was scared and thought I started seeing zombies coming after us.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by max5480
    I've never ridden that trail, but have hiked it many times. I'm for sure taking my bike up there on my next ride after I get back from moab (29er rigid SS, so we'll see how it goes). The gully to the west of that ridge would also make for some potentially awesome flowy singletrack, once some of the trees are trimmed and cleared. Perhaps we should develop the area further...
    Mmmm... may want to be careful with that. That isn't some hidden gulley out of eyeshot from the all the Wasatch Mountain clubbers, IMO that idea has conflict written all over it.

Go to Bountiful, the DH trails are 100 times longer, more of them, better, shuttleable and the place is already trashed by the OHV crowd.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Iiiinteresting... might have to check some of that stuff out with the big bike once this round of storms moves through. Cool riding.

Bored Carp
    I can only imagine the twisted britches if someone started building up there. What a waste of trailbuilding time that would be.

If Bountiful isn't your style, go to Arcylon when it clears - get your bermy wooden stunt fix on a legit trail with hundreds of hours of build time in on it and an easy pedal to the top.

http://www.shred2k.com/arcylon.wmv

I heard Chumley is headed up there with kerosene next week.

C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit
    Iiiinteresting... might have to check some of that stuff out with the big bike once this round of storms moves through. Cool riding.
    Check out the 'Wasatch Area Ruff Ryers' Wastebook page, they have some decent footage of non-traditional DH trails around the Wasatch.

I'm not certain how to link it here, but you can probably do a search for it on Facebook for 'S.O.W.-Seeds Of W.A.R.R.-Laketown Groms' HD video. It's short, but decent for local footage/groms. Or if you're a friend of Slyfox Moonwillow check that headache of a feed he puts out, it's on his page as of 16 hours ago.

Fragglepuss The Chaste
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    I can only imagine the twisted britches if someone started building up there. What a waste of trailbuilding time that would be.

If Bountiful isn't your style, go to Arcylon when it clears - get your bermy wooden stunt fix on a legit trail with hundreds of hours of build time in on it and an easy pedal to the top.

https://www.shred2k.com/arcylon.wmv

I heard Chumley is headed up there with kerosene next week.

C
    Of course, we always forget that there's still Downhill Domination collecting dust in the Sale Bin at Best Buy.

Members who have read this thread: 0