Snowshoeing- Mtbr.com

Thread: Snowshoeing

MTBR member
    Jan 2007

Snowshoeing

My Wife And I Crosstrain In The Winter By Snowshoeing. I Am Interested In Finding Some News Spots To Snowshoe. We Live Up In Ogden And Hit The Usual Areas: Snow Basin, Wheeler, Bst, And North Fork. I Know There Are Some Nice Areas In Slc/ P.c, But We Like To Take Our Dog. If Anyone Knows Any Nice Non-watershed Areas, I'd Like To Here About Them. Thanks!

...a wiggle theres a way
    milcreek canyon is a wonderful spot for snow shoeing and you can bring your dog. be aware that there is a 2.25 charge per car to use the canyon though.

you can go to city creek canyon with your dog but are not allowed ABOVE the water treatment plant -- (approx ~2.5-3.0 miles up before you get to the plant)

East canyon is another spot, and another fun one is the Bonneville Shoreline Trail which is behind the u of u and has multiple feeders into it

enjoy

joe

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Have you tried N. skyline or S. skyline trails above Ogden? I don't know if their dog friendly, but their close to you.

Feb 2008
    Since you live in the area I wanted to let you know about our upcoming events at Snowbasin in Utah.

Come join us on March 9 for a day of snowshoe racing action and adventure. In addition to the PowerSox U.S National Snowshoe Championship we are offering a series of XTERRA "citizen's" races open to everyone offering a 1K kids race, a 5k open race and a 10k relay.

Our snowshoe races are part of a 3-day weekend Xtravaganza that includes the XTERRA Winter World Championship a first-of-its-kind, uniquely XTERRA multisport race combining the four disciplines of ski mountaineering (8k), mountain biking (10k), running (5k) and snowshoeing (5k). A radical snowboard downhill dash-for-cash ($500 to first place male and female), ski mountaineering races and XTERRA Kids Zone activities.

The destination at Snowbasin Resort, just 40 miles from Salt Lake City, is epic and well known as home to the downhill competitions of the 2002 Winter Olympics.

For more information please check out .. www.xterraplanet.com

Members who have read this thread: 0