Snowbird, taking the tram up.- Mtbr.com
    I think we should go back
    Nov 2008

Snowbird, taking the tram up.

Hello,

I am planning on sometime going up to snowbird and riding the tram up with my bike then back down. can anyone that has done this or know someone that has done this tell me what it is like difficulty wise, what they are like and how fun the trails are coming back down?

I just dont want to go up and find that it is just crap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Now, young man. Didn't we just donate an entire thread to the mocking of this very topic. We don't discuss these things on public forums. . .

But, since you asked, I'll tell ya. There's a sick, gnarly, freeride, DH, skinny-ladder-filled, massive DJ line down from the top of the tram. Soooo much better than Freight Train. There's a big sign that points the way and they pass out free PBRs at the bottom. That's why everybody always talks about riding Snowbird and nobody ever rides Deer Valley.

Nov 2008
    Oh ok thanks. Is there just one trail that goes down?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by drain bamage
    Oh ok thanks. Is there just one trail that goes down?
    I am not sure if you caught the sarcasm dripping from p-town dave's post. I'll try to make his point a bit clearer.

Although the forums are great for finding information, it shows some lack of understanding and consideration to just post without searching your topic first. It took 15 seconds to search snowbird, and find a post from June of this year about the trails, complete with map. http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=517311

For what its worth, I wouldn't waste your time and money on the tram, the trip down from the top of snow bird is a rock strewn dirt road that isn't much fun to ride. (least ways, that's how I remember it ) Check that other post, and ask questions there for more info on the possible new trails that are mentioned - but I wouldn't get my hopes up for much.

good luck

Nov 2008
    Ok thanks I guess i wont

Has skills-will travel
    Jun 2008
    I would rather ride up to the tram and take it down, than pay to ride the tram up and ride down!

Members who have read this thread: 0