Snowbird lodown?- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zendog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412

    Snowbird lodown?

    Hello all!
    I was wondering if any of you have been to Snowbird ski resort for biking? I am trying to find out what the trails are like there since I may be there for a few days on a business trip in July and was wondering if it is worth lugging my bike over.

    Safe riding!

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Driverfound337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    279
    What time are you going to be in the area? Snowbird is still under alot of snow and will be for awhile especially as you increase elevation. There is a fun trail at the mouth of the canyon called litte cottonwood creek. Check www.utahmountainbiking.com

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zendog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412
    Thanx for the tip, I will be there early july, probably the second week.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pop_martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,670
    You'll be fine in July. In fact you can even come race!

    http://intermountaincup.com/2009Race/SnowbirdText.pdf
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 123ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    what is the "new...exciting singletrack" they talk about in that flyer, are they not using the same old race loop?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pop_martian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski
    what is the "new...exciting singletrack" they talk about in that flyer, are they not using the same old race loop?
    Who knows? As far as I know they are still skiing on the new, exciting singletrack. I will be pre riding the course sometime before the race though, so we'll see...
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zendog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412
    Sweet, let us know what it's like eh?

  8. #8

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    52
    The exciting new singletrack is being built for completion by July 11th, I believe. That said, there are tons of other reasons to bring your bike. A trail parallels LCC rd. most of the way up to the Bird.

    Specialized Bikes is having a national sales conference or something of the sort the 11-18th of July. That said its being outsourced so some real bike trail artists will be those building, hopefully.

    That will be a good time to be in the area. Snowbird is also hosting a Mountain Music Festival the 10-12th of July with some good musicians on board.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 123ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Va
    The exciting new singletrack is being built for completion by July 11th, I believe. That said, there are tons of other reasons to bring your bike. A trail parallels LCC rd. most of the way up to the Bird.

    Specialized Bikes is having a national sales conference or something of the sort the 11-18th of July. That said its being outsourced so some real bike trail artists will be those building, hopefully.

    That will be a good time to be in the area. Snowbird is also hosting a Mountain Music Festival the 10-12th of July with some good musicians on board.
    Is it true that snowbird is building a bike park in Gad Valley for that specialized event?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zendog13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    412
    Thank you all for the info! Turns out the Dealer event is why we are headed there in the first place. I was told I was headed over for some seminars at the Speccie service cente in SLCr but they were keeping it as a surprise. Best thing is I don't have to worry about lugging my bike over!! Plus if that rumor is true 123ski that will be just puuurfect!
    All expenses payed PLUS a bunch of brand new bikes to try out!! And then a visit to that tequila bar I saw at the snowbird site.....

  11. #11

    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by 123ski
    Is it true that snowbird is building a bike park in Gad Valley for that specialized event?
    I haven't heard of that yet, and honestly I doubt it. But who knows. The reason I doubt it is that they don't have much of a park in the winter for skiing/ riding and I can't see them wasting resources to construct one. Id be disapointed too, I want to ride singletrack in Gad Valley!

    Hunter

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 123ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter-Va
    The reason I doubt it is that they don't have much of a park in the winter for skiing/ riding and I can't see them wasting resources to construct one.
    Hunter
    yeah, from my understanding Specialized provided half of the funds to build the new trails in Gad Valley. This is also why they started clearing snow out from Gad Valley 3 weeks ago (which is something they never do). But, as you know..this could all just be a rumor.

    The reason they don't have a terrain park in the winter is because of a few lawsuits where people got paralized for over/under shooting very large jumps. Snowbirds insurance won't allow them to build features over a certain size. That is my understanding anyways.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 123ski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    535
    So, I noticed Snowbird posted their 2009 Summer Trail Map. There is some new singletrack in the gad valley..and I don't know what that "sports park" is..maybe a bike park?

    http://www.snowbird.com/imagelib/tra...mer_trails.pdf

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.