Snowbasin season pass worth it?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Snowbasin season pass worth it?

I live about 45 minutes from Snowbasin, and have never been there when devoid of snow.

Since finishing school, I have more time to return to the mountains so I just bought a new AM bike (Giant Reign 2) and am looking for a lot more oportunities to ride close to home. 2+ hours to Millcreek/cottonwoods gets old. I grew up in Sandy so that is what I know.

$80 for a season pass at Snowbasin seems reasonable. For those familiar with the Ogden area, do you think it is worth it or are there enough good rides in the area that it would be a waste?

My fitness level isn't great, but improving fast. I have no problem with big climbs but having the option to occasionally ride the gondola up instead of the bike makes me smile.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    No.. The lift access "trails" there are not worth it.

The better trails in that area exist off resort and are free to ride anytime you want. Also, you can still ride the on resort trails free of charge as long as you climb them.

Save your money for Deer Valley, Wolf Creek or trips down to Brianhead.

Salt Lake City, UT
    Aug 2008
    Yeah I wouldn't bother either. I think you'd hardly use it.

on yer left
    Apr 2008
    Lift served at 'Basin is a complete joke.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    There are a few trails in the area that you can shuttle, but it really isn't necessary. The climbs up there are pretty mellow.

When they start having the free concert series in the fall, they run a free shuttle to get you from the bottom of wheeler canyon (near the spillway) up to the resort. I may have been known to take advantage of said free shuttle on such occasion to get a few runs in.. Just make sure to yield for the uphill riders and horses.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for the info, I'll save my cash.

I'll have to watch for the shuttles. I have been up wheeler before but haven't been back because the place was a stinkin' freeway of people.
    I'll have to try again on a nice weekday morning sometime.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Socraytes
    Thanks for the info, I'll save my cash.

I'll have to watch for the shuttles. I have been up wheeler before but haven't been back because the place was a stinkin' freeway of people.
    I'll have to try again on a nice weekday morning sometime.
    The doubletrack (really wide) section of wheeler can be a zoo. There are trails (singletrack) which offshoot from the double track that are much better. Icebox is one of them. It's the trail that drops off the double track climb down (west side) to the creek and crosses over on the wooden bridge.

From there you can link up with green pond/needles/overlook and make some killer loops.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIDE
    The doubletrack (really wide) section of wheeler can be a zoo. There are trails (singletrack) which offshoot from the double track that are much better. Icebox is one of them. It's the trail that drops off the double track climb down (west side) to the creek and crosses over on the wooden bridge.

From there you can link up with green pond/needles/overlook and make some killer loops.
    Thanks for the info! Good to know. I'll have to check out some maps and head up there.

Now if only we can get some decent weather....
    I thought with such a light winter we would get early access to high elevation trails but no such luck!

Members who have read this thread: 0